Please tell me about the hand sanitizer squad!

ExpatBride

What kind of ring cannot withstand sanitizer if they are real metal and real stones not secured by glue?:confused:

There are quite a few stones you do NOT want hand santizer on- opal and pearl especially.

There are quite a few stones you do NOT want hand santizer on- opal and pearl especially.

Hi, I would put them in my purse for a few minutes while they "spray your hands" and then put them back on your figures when dry....Shouldn't be that big of a deal...At least your hands are 'sanitized" before you eat, in case you need to pick something up with your hands. i.e. a roll or ????

Have a good cruise:)

Spraying your hands is designed to stop YOU from spreading germs, and won't really stop you from getting something. I've done quote a lot of research on this as it happened to me once. National Geographic has one of the best articles.

The most rapid spreading of norovirus is from improperly handled food and utensils. After that, it is from surface transfers in confined areas where a population is already infected. It does not spread rapidly because one person comes on board already sick. To reduce your chances eat more from prepared hot foods and less from cold fresh foods such as salads and cut fruits. Watch the kitchen staff before you choose food. Who has gloves on and who does not? Who does not change gloves after sneezing or touching other surfaces?

Was any of the ship staff sick and did they all wash their hands or use gloves in every stage of food preparation, and when handling dishes and utensils before they get to your hands?

Then watch the guests, especially the children. Who touches cups, bowls, silverware, and plates and puts them back? Lots of people. Reach in back when you select a cup, and take a plate you are sure was not touched ahead of you.

And then, notice you are selecting food with utensils and tongs touched by the 200 people who got food ahead of you.

Bring your own sanitizer. Get your dishes and food. sit down and clean your hands and your silverware. Or at least wipe down your silverware with your napkin first.

I got Norovirus on Carnival Glory in 2005. I was sick on my cabin for 2 days and it was luckily a "mild" case. When I emerged for breakfast I watched a food preparer slicing grapefruit and then jamming a maraschino cherry into the middle of each grapefruit half with his thumb. No gloves...

Other good practices: We wipe down our cabin with clorox wipes and wash hands several times a day. I try not to grab stair rails and use my knuckle to push elevator buttons. And try not to touch our faces.