Westerdam cabin doors?

Euby

Are the cabin doors on the Navigation Deck of the Westerdam metal?

I'm wanting to use some magnetic sheets (Avery 3270) to create door decorations for upcoming Alaska cruise. The sheets aren't very thick. They are like the magnets that double as photo frames for your refrigerator.

Has anyone else tried using anything similar?

I am on deck six and my door is only somewhat magnetic. A clip style magnet with nothing in the clip slides right down the door. Same with a 5x8 " picture in a plastic sleeve with two 1 1/2 x 5" magnets. (both of these hang on my cabin wall easily). You might get it to work if you have very lightweight items with lots of magnets.

Edited by Scrapnana

We have tried magnets on all of our stateroom doors and have yet to find a magnet that will stick. There seems to be some metal in the door but it would take a huge magnet to stick. We use a clamp on our mailbox for notes/messages.

Are the cabin doors on the Navigation Deck of the Westerdam metal?

I'm wanting to use some magnetic sheets (Avery 3270) to create door decorations for upcoming Alaska cruise. The sheets aren't very thick. They are like the magnets that double as photo frames for your refrigerator.

Has anyone else tried using anything similar?

we made a sign on one of those magnetic sheets about 10 years ago and have never found a door on a HAL ship that it will stick to. I still use it on every cruise and I just use 4 squares of the two-sided removable adhesive (I think it's 3-M) and it always stays on and removes cleanly.

We'll be on Westerdam Upper Verandah Deck (6) for my inlaw's 50th anniversary 6/6/15. I had decided there wasn't enough evidence that light magnets would work on the main part of the door so I made other plans. I have reusable and removable crayola dry erase sheets that I bought years ago at target on clearance. I used them to label my bathroom & basement doors during parties so that kids didn't accidentally find the dog when the were trying to find the bathroom. I have also used them on wood doors, painted walls metal appliances & glass. I have taken all the little scrapbooking stickers I bought with anniversary & love themes and stuck them to the cling sheets and then cut them out so that the cling sheets don't show behind the stickers. It will look like there are scrapbooking stickers stuck to the door but they will be removable and repositionable. There is something similar available on Amazon called Grafix 9-Inch-by-12-Inch Cling Film Clear, 6-Pack, that you could use over your items but the crayola dry erase sheets are also still available for purchase on amazon, too. I think the key to using these is that the items are small and light. I intend to use a 3M Display Pocket with Command Removable Fasteners to put some wedding picture copies on the door too if my sister in law manages to liberate them for a trip to be copied. I do have two little love themed magnet frames that I hope to fill too so maybe they will stick to the door (or the frame for sure) since I we have this thread's info now! I will take pictures & report back how it all works.

Edited by Sdidskd

we made a sign on one of those magnetic sheets about 10 years ago and have never found a door on a HAL ship that it will stick to. I still use it on every cruise and I just use 4 squares of the two-sided removable adhesive (I think it's 3-M) and it always stays on and removes cleanly.

Thanks! That is exactly the answer I was looking for. I'll print the decorations on card stock instead and use the 3M squares.