Review of our Spring Break '15 Cruise on Carnival SunShine

PaulMedik

Checkin was quick and painless even though we were traveling with BC for the first time instead of passports. Our passports all expired less than two weeks before the cruise so I opted to wait until May to renew them and so Spencer's will be for ten years instead of five (He turned 18 on March 28).

At 11:12 we were heading up the escalator to begin boarding;

Great review! Did you know that passports for 16 year olds are valid for 10 years? You do not have to wait until 18.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Paul !

When/if you return to this thread - can you tell me which suite on deck 7 you were referring to that had the electrical/AC issues ?? I'm sure they'll have it ship shape by now, but AC problems tend to follow us around ! On our Alaska sailing last month we had to leave the door open a lot just to keep it in the low 70's, but that was a muggy cool... and that was after two trips to the cabin by the maintenance guys.

I was impressed with the Destiny>Sunshine transition as well - even after being an initial skeptic, mainly over concerns of crowding. Glad I gave her a try, and heading back again next month. :)

Hope you're enjoying your PRIDE cruise !

Talk later,

Tom

Great review! Did you know that passports for 16 year olds are valid for 10 years? You do not have to wait until 18.

lax19,

Thank you.

No, I didn't know that; I thought it was 18. Thanks for the info!

Hey Paul !

When/if you return to this thread - can you tell me which suite on deck 7 you were referring to that had the electrical/AC issues ?? I'm sure they'll have it ship shape by now, but AC problems tend to follow us around ! On our Alaska sailing last month we had to leave the door open a lot just to keep it in the low 70's, but that was a muggy cool... and that was after two trips to the cabin by the maintenance guys.

I was impressed with the Destiny>Sunshine transition as well - even after being an initial skeptic, mainly over concerns of crowding. Glad I gave her a try, and heading back again next month. :)

Hope you're enjoying your PRIDE cruise !

Talk later,

Tom

Tom,

We're looking forward to sailing her again as well and yes we enjoyed our Pride cruise very much! I'm currently editing 4000+ pictures from Pride....

Our friends cabin on Sunshine was 7198. Their issue was electrical failure, water failure and AC. When I asked Kimberly today what her cabin number was she said she forgot all about the issues; they had a great cruise despite the problems.

lax19,

Tom,

We're looking forward to sailing her again as well and yes we enjoyed our Pride cruise very much! I'm currently editing 4000+ pictures from Pride....

Our friends cabin on Sunshine was 7198. Their issue was electrical failure, water failure and AC. When I asked Kimberly today what her cabin number was she said she forgot all about the issues; they had a great cruise despite the problems.

I'm sure we will as well - though one can't deny it's a small world !! ;)

i-6CvgQG8-M.jpg

Looking forward to your Pride review.

Tom

I'm sure we will as well - though one can't deny it's a small world !! ;)

i-6CvgQG8-M.jpg

Looking forward to your Pride review.

Tom

Tom,

It certainly is!

Playing the odds though you should be fine; knowing about their issue means you are less likely to experience the same. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Really hoping you will have time to come back and finish this review AND post one for your Pride cruise also! Your reviews are some of my favorites and I love all your beautiful pictures. I truly appreciate the time it takes for you (and all the other great reviewers) to post these reviews. Thank you!

Well, how disappointing!! I am sailing on the Sunshine in May 2016 and just came across this review. I have read his reviews in the past and was so looking forward to an indepth review with lots of pictures. but . . . it appears we are left hanging. :confused:

The number of abandoned reviews seems to be growing. There have been several lately that start and never finish, or that take weeks, if not months for the OP to post. I love reading reviews (especially with photos) and truly appreciate the effort that goes in, but it is a bit frustrating how many seem to just quietly disappear.