Just Wondering???

karinad

We booked a Med. cruise on the Epic for April 7, 2016. I just seen a question about Spring Break and started to panic thinking of the horror stories I read about that time of year. This is a 10 day cruise. Will we be over-crowded and dodging drinks being tossed around on this kind of cruise? :eek:

We never cruised this time of year before.

College spring breakers don't travel to the Med to throw drinks around with their boobs out.

You'll be fine.

Forgot about the boob flashing!:D LOL! I think I could handle that better then the sticky drinks!:eek:

We booked a Med. cruise on the Epic for April 7, 2016. I just seen a question about Spring Break and started to panic thinking of the horror stories I read about that time of year. This is a 10 day cruise. Will we be over-crowded and dodging drinks being tossed around on this kind of cruise? :eek:

Hubby and I are booked on this cruise and highly doubt there will be any spring breakers aboard as most head to Florida, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

We'll be on this cruise as well. Agree that it's unlikely we'll be inundated with spring breakers.

A friend of mine is a school teacher. His local authority are doing an educational trip, which I think is your cruise, but not able to get hold of him to confirm just now as he is in school. It involves 220 kids aged between 12-16.

I am definately not going anywhere near that lot. He's told me of some real horror stories from his school, which is in a rough neighbourhood.

A friend of mine is a school teacher. His local authority are doing an educational trip, which I think is your cruise, but not able to get hold of him to confirm just now as he is in school. It involves 220 kids aged between 12-16.

I am definately not going anywhere near that lot. He's told me of some real horror stories from his school, which is in a rough neighbourhood.

What's a local authority?

Are these reform school kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The kids in Europe get spring break later than we do. Our cruise 2 weeks ago was filled with kids from UK and other countries.They get break after Easter, not in March and early April like many of our kids. Med cruising isn't going to be filled with college kids, or probably won't be. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Wow. I hope this is correct and 220 kids from a rough neighborhood would get to experience a 10 day cruise out of Europe! It absolutely would be quite educational. And how nice of whatever local authority or individual would pay the over $300,000 it would cost for that trip - airfare, food, cruise, transport, hotel, chaperones too since 12-16 year old kids can't be in a cabin by themselves. Just awesome!

Wow. I hope this is correct and 220 kids from a rough neighborhood would get to experience a 10 day cruise out of Europe! It absolutely would be quite educational. And how nice of whatever local authority or individual would pay the over $300,000 it would cost for that trip - airfare, food, cruise, transport, hotel, chaperones too since 12-16 year old kids can't be in a cabin by themselves. Just awesome!

National Lottery grant I am told.

We were on a 10 day cruise last March. No Spring Breakers were on board at that time, even though our cruise visited the Caribbean. They seem to choose 7 day cruises.

The kids in Europe get spring break later than we do. Our cruise 2 weeks ago was filled with kids from UK and other countries.They get break after Easter, not in March and early April like many of our kids. Med cruising isn't going to be filled with college kids, or probably won't be. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

So what you are saying is that your cruise 2 weeks ago was filled with uk and eu kids right?

Doing the math that was around April 7, 2015? That's early April to me but of course others here on cc will debate that. Lol

And a pp claims 220 inner city tough neighborhood kids got some sort of a grant for next year......

Hmmm..... I would think that an April 7, 2016 med cruise might... Now I said might..... Just be very interesting as far as the demographics go.

Fwiw I'm glad I read this post because I am at the point where I can travel at off times as my kids are getting older and can stay alone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

And I was worried about the pickpockets in Barcelona and Italy!!! Thank you, thank you CAS for comping me a Haven Spa suite for this cruise :)

We normally travel on off times of the year. A couple yrs. ago we went on an 8 day Carnival Bahama Cruise from NY. It left Sept 11th. No problems. I think the most kid filled cruise we went on was an early Sept one to Alaska. There were kids running wild and no parents to be found. That was on RCCL.