Grand Class AD mini's next to life boats

pamwinn

We are considering booking E710 on the Sapphire since E728 is priced so ridiculously high. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these? I am wondering if the lifeboats obstruct the view in anyway or if they are squeeky or anything when at sea?

Tendering noises would not be an issue....but a perpetual squeek would drive me crazy.

Thanks,

Thanks, that takes care of one concern. We have just booked E 711, so the other concerns are:

When looking toward the front of the ship, can you see the lifeboats?

Is the wind a factor in these cabins anymore than any of the others in the Emerald MiniSuite vacinity? I really like the idea of having a neighbor on only one side.

Pam -while not your situation.....I had an obstructed cabin on the Sun Princess and there was a life boat right in front of my window. I had no problems for 13 days but the last 36 hours, we had 20 foot waves and the life boats just creeked. It was very loud and spooky like. It kept me awake all night.

After saying that, I would probably still book a similiar cabin. I have had obstructed views on several ships and never had a problem (and never had 20 foot waves until this last trip). Just wanted to let you know if you hit rough enough water/wind, it can happen.

We are not booking an obstructed oceanview. We are booking the first (most forward) category AD minisuite. On the Sapphire and Diamond, the aftmost emerald deck minisuites ( with the huge balconies) are a different category (AE) with a full suite price attached so we are going in the opposite direction. I am hoping to hear from someone who has had one of these on a Grand Class ship. I don' tthink I would be happy with an oceanview, obstucted or otherwise, because it's the fresh air and ocean sounds that draw me to the balcony cabins.

Thanks Coral, I will enjoy it and stoneharborlady wanted to know about the obstructed views so your answer will help her make a decision. For me, I am a little disappointed that I will not be on the Island or Coral but the prices on those are higher right now.

We were in E719 on the Diamond Princess, which is one or two cabins back from the lifeboats. Your cabin will have a wall divider that blocks your view of the boats unless you stick your head around the corner. You'll still have a diagonal view forward, as the boats don't stick out past the balcony.

Archived