Weird questions

dee2673

When boarding the Westerdam....what deck are you on? Is it the 3rd deck? Just curious as to which deck you're on when you first board. Thanks.

Deck 3 is the normal boarding deck at the HAL Terminals. When docking in various ports, the tides dictate which deck is used.

Edited by Crew News

Deck 3 is the normal boarding deck at the HAL Terminals. When docking in various ports, the tides dictate which deck is used.

Tides really dictate in Boston and there can be some really steep gangways on Canada/NE cruise. It can start out okay but get steep during the day as the tide changes.

We've had times we left the ship via gangway on one deck but returned to the ship to find gangway moved.

On Ryndam now, with E4. No drink cards, just room keys. Dad and I in separate suites been buying our own drinks, and occasionally for each other. So far no problems, and have checked room charges regularly. Alls fine, no charges.

Tides really dictate in Boston and there can be some really steep gangways on Canada/NE cruise. It can start out okay but get steep during the day as the tide changes.

We've had times we left the ship via gangway on one deck but returned to the ship to find gangway moved.

Same in Alaska, especially Juneau. We'd disembark off Deck down a nice easily navigable gangway and comeback to a steep, zigzag patterned gangway:eek: Hard to have to stop at each zig or zag to get a run to get up the sections and over the lip into the ship.....

Joanie

Same in Alaska, especially Juneau. We'd disembark off Deck down a nice easily navigable gangway and comeback to a steep, zigzag patterned gangway:eek: Hard to have to stop at each zig or zag to get a run to get up the sections and over the lip into the ship.....

Joanie

We have had that same experience where they have to move the gang plank to a higher or lower deck (other cruise lines.

Well, I am going to let the sober gentleman know all this. I guess he can try to grab a beer for one of the guys every so often,if we sit at a table and are not jerks about it. Can't you even, if you want to, take the drink to your room? It's not a big deal either way but I know him. He will want to try to do this. If yes, great..If not, great too, since our budget has 1200.00 more dollars. Thanks ,all, this helps

He can try to grab a beer for one of the guys every so often, but it could be embarrassing if one of the servers notices it and says something. Yes, you can take the drink to your room, so they can't follow every person.

It's the honor system. The card is not to be used for drinks for anyone but the card holder. Is it worth it to him to abuse the package? If the bartender or server notices, it puts them in a difficult position.

I am leaving that up to him, ithaca gal. We can well afford to pay for our own drinks..but again, as I said I know him well. Just wanted him to have all the info he needs. He's a big boy, he can decide. None of us are going to be asking him to get us drinks..:)