Aquarium class cabin

vada_9

As Caviargal said its impossible for one of us to answer your question because it depends so much on your personal needs. For example: the 140 square foot cabin is comfortable for me BUT I need to have a french balcony that I can open to the outside because I tend to claustrophobia and get a little squirrely if I can't breathe fresh air or feel like I have an "escape route".

I, also, tend to be claustrophobic and also I am only 5-foot, one inch (down from 5-foot 2 inches). I would not like the feeling of being under water and unable to see out.

After 40 ocean cruises, I am taking my first river cruise with Viking on the Rhine in November and booked a Balcony. ;)

I am taking my wool cap, gloves, rain hat, sweaters, and down coat. So I intend to use my Balcony in whatever weather comes our way. :D

I, also, tend to be claustrophobic and also I am only 5-foot, one inch (down from 5-foot 2 inches). I would not like the feeling of being under water and unable to see out.

After 40 ocean cruises, I am taking my first river cruise with Viking on the Rhine in November and booked a Balcony. ;)

I am taking my wool cap, gloves, rain hat, sweaters, and down coat. So I intend to use my Balcony in whatever weather comes our way. :D

I wonder if it's because we're short....I'm 5'2" as well! :D I'm assuming you'll be having a real balcony as opposed to a french balcony, which you cannot sit upon. You're going to love it!!!

I wonder if it's because we're short. I'm 5'2" as well! I'm assuming you'll be having a real balcony as opposed to a french balcony, which you cannot sit upon. You're going to love it!!!

Yes, Kitty, because we are short (and getting shorter!).

That Aquarium-class ledge would do me no good because I would put things there and then forget and leave them because I cannot see that high.

Once on Princess on a transatlantic, I had an Inside and hated it even though it was a large Handicapped cabin. :eek:

In Paris (many years ago when the GrandKids were only 9 and 11) we had a French Balcony overlooking the Arc d'Triumph and it was only about 1 foot wide (but wider than on the ships).

Yes, a Real Balcony to sit on. I was determined to have breakfast on my Balcony while going through the Fjords in New Zealand. It was sprinkling lightly; however, I ate my breakfast quickly. :D

So true.....river cruising easily becomes an addiction!!

We have booked our Cat E cabin for next year. - see my updated signature.

Yes, river cruising is addictive this will be our 6th, but first in Europe.

Thanks again everyone - there has been quite a bit of response to my post.:)

We have booked our Cat E cabin for next year. - see my updated signature.

Yes, river cruising is addictive this will be our 6th, but first in Europe.

Thanks again everyone - there has been quite a bit of response to my post.:)

Sounds like you guys are doing it the same way we did.....do the strenuous ones first before your legs go. I think you'll find Europe to be every bit as wonderful as Asia and Africa and a lot easier on the body. :D

Sounds like you guys are doing it the same way we did.....do the strenuous ones first before your legs go. I think you'll find Europe to be every bit as wonderful as Asia and Africa and a lot easier on the body. :D

Yep, we didn't plan on too much Europe at present - but our daughter is thinking of moving there for a couple of years - so we can kill two birds - short visit and an extra holiday.