Port Canaveral hotel suggestions

viperrtblck

Been here done this before, but years ago. Group of 5 of us flying into Orlando the night before our cruise, would like to stay near Port Canaveral as we have a rent a car to return the morning of. Heard from a shuttle service that if you go "up the strip" a little bit away from all the big brand hotels there's ones right on the beach, is this so? I don't really care where we stay location wise, obviously closer to the port the better, but what's a good hotel that's on, or walking distrance, to a nice beach area?

The last time we went out of Port Canaveral and also for the one coming up we choose the Doubletree Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It's also one that one of my regular guests chooses whenever he's in Port Canaveral.

The hotel has good reviews on trip advisor and offers more in my opinion then other hotels I have stayed at in the area. They have a restaurant on property as well as a full service bar and small gift shop/clothing shop. I believe most if not all the rooms have a balcony with most having oceanviews. It's really just a step outside down a small path to the ocean. The rooms are fairly spacious as well. There is an outdoor pool which is pretty big and I believe a whirlpool. Also an on site guest laundry and fitness room.

The other one we have stayed at was Hampton Inn titusville, which is a 10 minute car ride to the ocean. But a decent hotel if you wanted to save a bit more.

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

CI&S and RI both have free breakfast. The Radisson does not but does have a restaurant onsite, a family restaurant next door and a McDonalds across the street.

All have shuttles to the port, but you would need to book that rate. One of the car rental agency (Hertz I think) is at the beginning of the driveway that the CI&S and RI share.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info so far, as I want to stay with a beachfront/walking distance to beach, I think I found one in cocoa beach area, Best Western, it's walking distance and right by the cocoa beach pier. Looks like it's closer and a bit cheaper even when compared to the DoubleTree. Anybody have experience with the best western here?

Check on the LaQuinta Oceanside. It is right next to the Best Western.

We stayed there a little over a year ago and were very happy with the hotel. It is not real fancy, but was clean, and the location was great. Even closer to the pier than BW. I thought the best Western looked a little run down. If you get a balcony room facing the ocean, you will have a wonderful view.

Claudia

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

CI&S and RI both have free breakfast. The Radisson does not but does have a restaurant onsite, a family restaurant next door and a McDonalds across the street.

All have shuttles to the port, but you would need to book that rate. One of the car rental agency (Hertz I think) is at the beginning of the driveway that the CI&S and RI share.

Hope this helps...

Are you saying that in order to get the hotel shuttle to the port, you need to book the stay/park/cruise kindof rate? Just wondered because we are flying in so have no car, have booked a standard rate at the Radisson At The Port, and was hoping to take their shuttle to the port (for a fee of course). Is this option available to us or do we need to pre-arrange a shuttle/taxi for embarkation day? :confused:

Are you saying that in order to get the hotel shuttle to the port, you need to book the stay/park/cruise kindof rate? Just wondered because we are flying in so have no car, have booked a standard rate at the Radisson At The Port, and was hoping to take their shuttle to the port (for a fee of course). Is this option available to us or do we need to pre-arrange a shuttle/taxi for embarkation day? :confused:

Glad you asked this because this is our same scenario and location we are at in April 2016 :)

Most hotels charge a shuttle fee if you do not have a park and cruise. My son and daughter-in-law paid $5 for a shuttle to port from our hotel while we had a park and cruise room. They flew in and took a shuttle from Orlando Coco Beach? shuttle $$ to the hotel. Call them and ask

Most hotels charge a shuttle fee if you do not have a park and cruise.

Yes I do understand that and expect to pay on top of the room rate. ;)Maybe I misunderstood GTO-Girl's message which seems to imply that one could only take the hotel shuttle to port if the special rate was booked to include it. :o

Glad you asked this because this is our same scenario and location we are at in April 2016 :)

I now have the answer from someone who recently stayed at the Radisson. The hotel shuttle from Radisson At The Port to the cruise port can be booked when checking into the hotel, regardless of whether or not you book with the park/cruise rate. I do not know the cost, I think I read somewhere that it is $6 pp.

We stayed at the CI&S and they asked us at checkin what time we wanted to take the shuttle to the port, which was strange since we didn't tell them we were going on a cruise lol. I booked the hotel on Hotwire, so no special rate, and nothing was mentioned about a fee for the shuttle, but I declined as we were taking the rental car shuttle from Budget.

OP, when you say you are coming in the night before, how late are you coming in? Early enough for it to matter if you are beachfront or not? I agree with the one post about how close do you really need to be. Sure CI&S was closest to the port for us, but Budget was still a mile or whatever the other way anyway lol.

We stayed at the CI&S and they asked us at checkin what time we wanted to take the shuttle to the port, which was strange since we didn't tell them we were going on a cruise lol. I booked the hotel on Hotwire, so no special rate, and nothing was mentioned about a fee for the shuttle, but I declined as we were taking the rental car shuttle from Budget.

OP, when you say you are coming in the night before, how late are you coming in? Early enough for it to matter if you are beachfront or not? I agree with the one post about how close do you really need to be. Sure CI&S was closest to the port for us, but Budget was still a mile or whatever the other way anyway lol.

Our flight lands at 12:30, so I'm expecting to have the rental car between 1 and 1:30pm. As far as the beach issue, I want to spend a portion of the day there, but wanna be able to wake up and see the beach as well as go walk on it, hence wanting a hotel close to it.

Our flight lands at 12:30, so I'm expecting to have the rental car between 1 and 1:30pm. As far as the beach issue, I want to spend a portion of the day there, but wanna be able to wake up and see the beach as well as go walk on it, hence wanting a hotel close to it.

Doubletree