How do soda machines work

I keep seeing questions about soda machines, how do these work, do we scan our sea pass card?

I have a drinks package do the soda machines offer cans free for package holders?

You asking how a those new fancy touch screen "soda" machines work?

Or if you are asking about the drink packages, almost all lines simply bring you a glass with ice and soda requested from the bar. The bar gets it volume from concentrate, have yet to see anyone on a "soda" package get a can.

I keep seeing questions about soda machines, how do these work, do we scan our sea pass card?

I have a drinks package do the soda machines offer cans free for package holders?

The Coke Freestyle soda machines (they dispense many varieties of soda, not just coke) work using the special cup you are given, it only works with those cups as it uses a chip to see if you have the package.

Just place the cup in the machine, chose your drink, then press dispense until your cup is full, you can even mix drinks as well.

You won't get cans with a package, just fountain soda.

If you have any of the drink packages which includes soda, you get a cup with a chip that the machine reads and the will allow a type of drink to be selected. There is a large variety of sodas and flavored water drinks that can be selected.

All ships do not have the machine, only the ones from the states seem to have them. If there is not a machine, you get the drink from a bar

The machines look like this: 20111012-FreestyleMachine-Main.jpg

And the flavours you can get from the machine are:

Coca-Cola®

Vanilla Coke

Coke with Lime

Raspberry Coke

Cherry Coke

Orange Coke

Cherry Vanilla Coke

Diet Coke®

Diet Vanilla Coke

Diet Coke with Lime

Raspberry Diet Coke

Diet Cherry Coke

Orange Diet Coke

Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke

Coca-Cola Zero™

Cherry Coke Zero

Vanilla Coke Zero

Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero

Coke Zero with Orange

Coke Zero with Lime

Coke Zero with Raspberry

Coke Zero with Lemon

Caffeine-Free Diet Coke®

Caffeine-Free Diet Vanilla Coke

Caffeine-Free Diet Coke with Lime

Caffeine-Free Diet Coke with Orange

Caffeine-Free Diet Raspberry Coke

Caffeine-Free Diet Cherry Coke

Caffeine-Free Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke

Sprite®

Sprite with Cherry

Sprite with Strawberry

Sprite with Grape

Sprite with Peach

Sprite with Raspberry

Sprite with Orange

Sprite with Vanilla

Sprite Zero™

Sprite Zero with Cherry

Sprite Zero with Strawberry

Sprite Zero with Raspberry

Sprite Zero with Grape

Sprite Zero with Peach

Sprite Zero with Orange

Sprite Zero with Vanilla

Fanta® Orange

Fanta Fruit Punch

Fanta Lime

Fanta Grape

Fanta Strawberry

Fanta Peach

Fanta Raspberry

Fanta Cherry

Fanta Zero™ Orange

Fanta Zero Peach

Fanta Zero Lime

Fanta Zero Grape

Fanta Zero Strawberry

Fanta Zero Fruit Punch

Fanta Zero Raspberry

Fanta Zero Cherry

Minute Maid® Lemonade

Minute Maid Cherry Lemonade

Minute Maid Orange Lemonade

Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Strawberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Fruit Punch Lemonade

Minute Maid® Light Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Cherry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Orange Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Strawberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Fruit Punch Lemonade

Dasani with Lime

Dasani with Peach

Dasani with Grape

Dasani with Orange

Dasani with Strawberry

Dasani with Raspberry

Dasani with Cherry

Dasani with Lemon

Dasani Sensations - Lime

Dasani Sensations - Peach

Dasani Sensations - Grape

Dasani Sensations - Strawberry

Dasani Sensations - Orange

Dasani Sensations - Raspberry

Dasani Sensations - Cherry

Dasani Sensations - Lemon

Powerade ION4 Fruit Punch

Powerade ION4 Raspberry

Powerade ION4 Cherry

Powerade ION4 Lemon

Powerade ION4 Orange

Powerade ION4 Lime

Powerade ION4 Grape

Powerade ION4 Strawberry

Powerade Zero Fruit Punch

Powerade Zero Raspberry

Powerade Zero Cherry

Powerade Zero Lemon

Powerade Zero Orange

Powerade Zero Lime

Powerade Zero Grape

Powerade Zero Strawberry

Hi-C®

Hi-C Cherry

Hi-C Orange

Hi-C Raspberry

Hi-C Strawberry

Hi-C Fruit Punch

Hi-C Grape

Hi-C Raspberry Lime

Hi-C Orange Vanilla

Vault™

Vault Red Blitz

Orange Vault

Grape Vault

Peach Vault

Pibb Xtra®

Pibb Zero™

Barq's®

Barq's Vanilla

Diet Barq's®

Diet Barq's®

Diet Barq's Vanilla

Seagram's® Lemon Lime Seltzer

Some of these might not be in every machine, i.e. Anthem is UK based and some of these flavours we have never heard of. We get Dr Pepper instead of Pibb.

Ok, playing 'dumb blonde' here...on the pic above there are 22 options - how do you get the zillions of different flavours that you mention please???

when you select Coke from the main menu which is shown above a 2nd screen will then pop up giving you the option of cherry coke, vanilla coke, regular coke etc. There really is a giant selection of different flavors for each soda, most I have never seen before.

Edited by joeyd5oh

Ok, playing 'dumb blonde' here...on the pic above there are 22 options - how do you get the zillions of different flavours that you mention please???

These have been popping up around NYC over the last few years.

Here is what I get:

1/2 caffeine free diet cherry vanilla coke and 1/2 caffeinated diet vanilla coke.

So basically half caff, tiny bit cherry, more vanilla diet coke.

The options really are endless!!

(Although there is a time out feature on the cruise ships where you can only refill after a certain time-- so I don't know that you can mix two drinks: but still-- options are awesome!)

Just off the Quantum on 4/24/14, here's how it worked.

If you buy a package with soda, you get a large travel type cup that has a chip in the bottom. Make sure your cup is placed flat in the center of the Freestyle machines to dispense soda.

These machines will not dispense soda without a chipped cup.

When you use the Freestyle soda machine it gives you flavor choices after you choose your main soda.

The Quantum had five that I know of, two on deck 14 in Windjammer on opposite sides of the buffet, two on deck four next to each other in Sorrento's Pizza, and one on deck 15 at the Doghouse.

The one on the entrance side of WJ seemed to run out of popular flavors more than the one on the other side during high-volume periods. It was usually filled back up in a timely mannor

Any bar will fill your cup with whatever soda they have on hand at no cost. This comes in handy if you want "normal" soda.

Don't expect more than the basic Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, tonic, and club soda at a bar. They will NOT have all the Freestyle machine flavors.

Since the soda package only works with the cup that has a chip in the bottom, I'm guessing their is no option to get a regular glass from the bar instead of carrying the cup. Will the bar still give a glass of soda by checking your card instead of using the cup?

Since the soda package only works with the cup that has a chip in the bottom, I'm guessing their is no option to get a regular glass from the bar instead of carrying the cup. Will the bar still give a glass of soda by checking your card instead of using the cup?

Yes just show your card with the sticker on it. If you buy the package before the cruise. Your cup will be in your cabin. The package will be printed on your card. If you buy on board. They will put a sticker on your card and give you the cup. You only need the cup to use the machines.

Bob

Edited by macrc

All those flavours and I would love some lemonade for in my wine - sprite just isn't the same but that's a huge variety for one machine so aside from the wine I shall look forward to trying a few new soft drinks during the day

Is this machines only available in USA? We will be on Allure this summer in Europe it will be available on the ship?

Good question, until she starts sailing though it can't really be answered. Generally the ships sailing Europe don't have them installed, however Allure is coming over with them so they may be working, however likely with the local variations.