Ladies and swim shirts

hansolosmom

What do you wear under them? Last cruise I took a swim shirt with me and wore it over my regular suit (a tankini) It felt really bulky like I had too many layers on. I'm not huge chester but I wouldn't be comfortable not wearing anything underneath. But I'm a bigger woman which is why I do a tankini. I burn easily so I will swim in the shirt and keep it on. I was thinking maybe a sports bra or bikini top since all the tankini tops seem to be kind of loose/fabric-y.

Thanks for any ideas

What do you wear under them? Last cruise I took a swim shirt with me and wore it over my regular suit (a tankini) It felt really bulky like I had too many layers on. I'm not huge chester but I wouldn't be comfortable not wearing anything underneath. But I'm a bigger woman which is why I do a tankini. I burn easily so I will swim in the shirt and keep it on. I was thinking maybe a sports bra or bikini top since all the tankini tops seem to be kind of loose/fabric-y.

Thanks for any ideas

I wear a bikini top. I think a shorts bra would work just fine also.

I just bought a long sleeve one online have only worn short sleeved.

I sunburn easily. Before swim shirts for women in styles less skin tight than traditional rash guards became widely available, I had a couple of tee shirts in swimsuit fabric custom sewn. I wore a regular, predominantly nylon bra underneath. With the shirt and bra both being a nylon/spandex mix, they performed and dried similarly. I avoided padded cups for fear the padding would dry more slowly and create two circles as the rest of the shirt dried.

This year I was pleased to be able to order swim tees from Lands End instead of having to hire sewing. Lands End has beautiful patterns to choose from. I am plus size and my size was a perfect fit.

Vicki

I sunburn easily. Before swim shirts for women in styles less skin tight than traditional rash guards became widely available, I had a couple of tee shirts in swimsuit fabric custom sewn. I wore a regular, predominantly nylon bra underneath. With the shirt and bra both being a nylon/spandex mix, they performed and dried similarly. I avoided padded cups for fear the padding would dry more slowly and create two circles as the rest of the shirt dried.

This year I was pleased to be able to order swim tees from Lands End instead of having to hire sewing. Lands End has beautiful patterns to choose from. I am plus size and my size was a perfect fit.

Vicki

That was smart having the shirts sewn for you. I love the more blouses ones they have not, they're good camouflage.

I started wearing a rash guard/swim shirt last summer, my kids have always worn them and my husband started a few years ago, I wish I'd done it sooner! I just wear my regular tankini top underneath, I make sure to buy the rash guards in a slightly larger size so it will be looser fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wear a bikini top under my rashguards. I used to buy a lot of tankinis and found that since I hardly ever swim without a rashguard anymore (sun protection), I didn't really need the extra bulk.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a bikini top. I tried with nothing underneath. The swim shirt was okay without anything underneath until I actually swam and then was a little bit revealing. Now I am collecting fun ones from Lands End. Someday they will just put a shelf bra into the shirt. Impatiently waiting for that day to come.

If you can't find a bikini top that works for underneath the swim shirt, you can try a swim bra. I had one from Decent Exposures (online store) that I liked and will probably get another one for my next cruise in a smaller size as I have lost a bit of weight since I used it last. If you need serious support for the girls, there are bra manufacturers that make swim bras. Breakout Bras (online store) seems to have a decent selection, but I've never ordered from there.

I bought a really cute swimsuit (separates) at Penneys today. SPF 30 in both pieces (& added bonus of underwire & drawstring board short bottoms). Shorts came in charcoal & black. Many different tops, all with the SPF 30. I bought the neon pink/cream/charcoal (kind of a tweed) & ordered the hot pink with charcoal trim. 40% off & an additional 15% at the register. Even DH liked it [emoji41]

• 4 weeks later...