Viking Homelands Air - Stockholm to Bergen

I'm on the July 25 Viking Homelands cruise. Does anyone know what travel arrangements are, even for earlier departure dates? I was going to pay for custom air but was told that there isn't any for this itinerary? I'm coming from the West Coast and would like to avoid 2 stopovers, even if I have to make my own arrangements.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Take a deep breath. We need info to help you. Flying from where to Stockholm? Dates please.

If you want a non-stop or a one stop, the thing to do is take control over your flights, not give them to the cruise line to book. Looking at SFO to Stockholm, on some random dates, I see many one stops for around $900. That is a pretty good price. But without specifics, it is very hard to help you.

You could ask on the Viking forum maybe some know how Viking air works

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=875

You can also check http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

see what flights work for your dates & budget

Join the roll call for your cruise & meet some of your fellow shipmates

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1012

Edited by LHT28

The cruise departs from Stockholm on July 25 and ends on August 8. Specifically, I am departing from and returning to LAX. I could leave on the 23. Viking has not released flight times, and no "custom" air is available due to limited flights out of Bergen. This means that arrangements are made by Viking or independently.

I think if I was in your place, and assuming you mean this coming July/August, I would take any of the many flights for around $1200, one stop, round trips LAX-Stockholm.

You are correct, there are extremely limited flights out of Bergen- two realistic ones. So, If you are going to do that, I would book that, I would not wait any longer- those planes may be getting very full by now. Otherwise I would take a train from Bergen to Stockholm.

Book all of this on my own.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Book a return flight LAX - ARN (check Norwegian, they have nonstop flights on that route) and book a separate flight BGO - ARN (Norwegian sells them for around 60 €). If you worry (and have the time), plan to arrive in Stockholm on 24 July, stay in Bergen for a day or two (Bergen is lovely! especially in summer), maybe spend an extra night in Stockholm on your way back home. Or check open-jaw flights (LAX - ARN, BGO - LAX), multipe airlines offer options with only one stop for that itinerary.

If you have time, you could also do as CruiserBruce suggests and take a train from Bergen to Stockholm... it's a 14 hour train ride but trains in Scandinavia are fairly comfortable, you'd only have to change trains in Oslo (which is easy to navigate) and Bergen Oslo is wonderfully scenic!

Check Norwegian air Shuttle they have non stop flight to ARN

return from Bergen connecting in Oslo for about $1400 usd

https://www.norwegian.com/us/flight/tips/?D_City=LAX&DestinationGroup=12&CurrencyCode=USD&rnd=83326

I would take the train to Oslo before going to Stockholm ;)

British are you can do for about $1200 usd if you like connection at LHR

I would book your own air ...Viking seems a bit scattered in the way they do things

Good luck

Edited by LHT28