For those that have done Sea Day Brunch...

What do you do with your lounger? Do you give it up to go to brunch? If so, how hard is it to find one after brunch (I'd venture to say impossible)? On Sea days, I like to have my lounger picked and start enjoying it by 7 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the Breeze, and they had chair hog police in full effect. So when they noticed an empty chair, even with stuff on it. They would place a sticker with the time, then 40mins later if you werent there they would take your stuff to the towel hut. Thus freeing up a chair.

So if you can eat in 40mins your good. lol. We had sushi and came back to our stuff still there after about 45mins, and our stuff wasnt tagged. But it was also later in the day. We figured if they took our stuff its ok, we would just find another seat... at the bar if need it lol.

I figure that if I'm occupying a chair elsewhere, I shouldn't be "saving" a chair or lounger. If I'm bringing food back from the buffet, using the bathroom, or hopping in the hot tub for five minutes, I save my lounger, but not if I'm going to brunch. I've always been able to find a new place to sit after. I have moved people's shoes off their lounger if I'm only going to be there a short while -- if the person comes back, I'm happy to get up.

Loungers that are being used at all times (except short breaks) = more happy cruisers. You go to brunch and a mom who finally got her kids in Camp Carnival gets to sit with her feet up for an hour. You return, and someone else who has gone to brunch frees up a lounger for you. If everyone follows the policy, everyone benefits.

We just got off the Breeze, and they had chair hog police in full effect. So when they noticed an empty chair, even with stuff on it. They would place a sticker with the time, then 40mins later if you werent there they would take your stuff to the towel hut. Thus freeing up a chair.

So if you can eat in 40mins your good. lol. We had sushi and came back to our stuff still there after about 45mins, and our stuff wasnt tagged. But it was also later in the day. We figured if they took our stuff its ok, we would just find another seat... at the bar if need it lol.

glad to hear one of the ships is enforcing empty chair policies!! Brunch service never is fast so don't even count on getting out in an hour! give up your chair so I can find one!

When going to brunch we give up the loungers. Takes every bit if not more than an hour for brunch so not fair to save the chairs. If we want to stay at the pool then will run to the buffet...one at a time...and bring something back to the lounger.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

What do you do with your lounger? Do you give it up to go to brunch? If so, how hard is it to find one after brunch (I'd venture to say impossible)? On Sea days, I like to have my lounger picked and start enjoying it by 7 am.

My opinion is that it depends on where your lounger is located.

We usually hang in places that have very few people lounging. Sometimes our two chairs are the only ones occupied. In those cases, we leave our stuff. But if we're sitting by a pool and it's crowded, then we take all our stuff with us.

Edited by stargate fan

Thanks for the responses! I was figuring it took longer than forty minutes. The brunch would have to be beyond amazing or it be raining for us to go. We would always do mdr breakfast but you could go far earlier.

Sea day brunch is a favorite of ours, but I have found the service to be quite slow most times. You will not be served and finished in less than 40 minutes.

Your question brought back to memory a situation that happened on our Conquest cruise in February. We boarded the ship and found a couple of loungers one deck up from the pool. We sat there enjoying the sun until it was time for the "drill".

After the drill we went to the outer deck for sail away and when we got back to our loungers an older couple moved our things and took over our loungers. Very aggravating because we occupied the loungers all day until the drill and we weren't really on the deck for sail away that long. Needless to say they wouldn't move when we kindly told them they took our seats. Well actually...the husband would have moved but his wife was being the stubborn one.

So what to do in that situation? After standing by for a while thinking they would feel guilty for taking our chairs...with no luck...we stood right in front of them blocking their view of the pool. Eventually they got up and moved.

Your question brought back to memory a situation that happened on our Conquest cruise in February. We boarded the ship and found a couple of loungers one deck up from the pool. We sat there enjoying the sun until it was time for the "drill".

After the drill we went to the outer deck for sail away and when we got back to our loungers an older couple moved our things and took over our loungers. Very aggravating because we occupied the loungers all day until the drill and we weren't really on the deck for sail away that long. Needless to say they wouldn't move when we kindly told them they took our seats. Well actually...the husband would have moved but his wife was being the stubborn one.

So what to do in that situation? After standing by for a while thinking they would feel guilty for taking our chairs...with no luck...we stood right in front of them blocking their view of the pool. Eventually they got up and moved.

I don't see why you think you had a right to those chairs and your behavior afterward was beyond juvenile.

I think that's horrible! If you get up from the lounger, for any reason (for a period of time, over the 40 minutes), it's not your lounger any longer.

I would never ask people to get up and leave, I can't understand why people feel it's ok to act so entitled.

Wow, Im beyond shocked that you thought it was ok to stand in front of them and be so obnoxious!! It is NOT your chair. It belongs to Carnival. Once you get up to do anything else besides use the bathroom or get a drink, You should assume you would have to find a new seat. I really don't get people!! :confused:

For Pete's Sake...they weren't there so you didn't see their behavior when we kindly told them we had been sitting there and that they had moved our stuff. They were rude and inconsiderate.

And as to whether we lost our seats the minute we get up...give me a break. We were not gone a long time beyond the drill which is why we were surprised to see someone had taken our seats--you are allowed a certain amount of time to grab food, bathroom breaks, etc.

Juvenile? Maybe...but I was in shock that common courtesy was not shown on their part. Go ahead...keep flaming me.

Along with your personal items you left on those loungers, did you also happen to bring along a big bag of entitlement?

Juvenile is one of many words I'd apply to your behavior.

Edited by RickinNYC

My experience with brunch is that it often took much longer than 40 minutes. The service was that bad.

Not sayings yours will be but it it is as slow as mine, be prepared to have your stuff moved while you are gone.

For Pete's Sake...they weren't there so you didn't see their behavior when we kindly told them we had been sitting there and that they had moved our stuff. They were rude and inconsiderate.

And as to whether we lost our seats the minute we get up...give me a break. We were not gone a long time beyond the drill which is why we were surprised to see someone had taken our seats--you are allowed a certain amount of time to grab food, bathroom breaks, etc.

Juvenile? Maybe...but I was in shock that common courtesy was not shown on their part. Go ahead...keep flaming me.

Should have got me back to your loungers after muster. Time flies by quickly when you're occupied with something.

How long after the end of muster did you get back to the loungers? The clock started ticking when the first station was released.

Edited by SadieN

I actually read the original post and thought this thread was a sarcastic/funny one. Obviously not. :eek::rolleyes:

First, the lounger isn't yours if your butt isn't in it or is absent for longer than 40 minutes. If you get up to go eat, then you aren't "giving up your lounger".

You can pick any lounger you want and start enjoying it at 7am, but if you get up and wander off to do other things on the ship, like Sea Day Brunch, the lounger is now empty and someone else has every right to use it and enjoy it!

And to the lady you thought "her" lounger should be waiting after muster drill...You have GOT to be kidding me? Could you be more rude and inconsiderate?

When you leave a lounger for another activity, including muster, it's now open to ALL passengers who paid just like you did. What is wrong with people?! :mad:

You left the chair, get over it. Entitlement is killing our society. Was at a campground this weekend when a guy thought it was ok to let his Pit Bull run loose. I told him I would shoot it if it came into my site with kids. He called the police and said I would shoot him. When they showed and asked other campers what happened they came to my side and he was kicked out. Trying being nice, you will feel better!!

Yikes! This thread got out of hand! I am used to getting to my lounger around 7AM, going and getting a light breakfast and eating it at my lounger and swim and relax until calling it a day around 2-3! I never think you should go to another activity and "save" your chair. I was wondering in the brunch was something you had to sit and eat there for, or if you could grab a plate and go.