Island Princess Full Suite - Question

RLK33853

Morning Everyone

Just offered a paid upgrade from a mini to a full suite on the Island Princess ($599pp - dropped from a previous offer of $999pp a month ago) on a 12 Day Med. My question is for those of you that have sailed in an Island Princess suite before - are all the S6 Vista Suites the same size? From the Princess Deck Plans it looks like the fully aft ones are bigger? We are offered several on the sides of the ship near the rear staircase and also several completely aft suites.

We have cruised in the past in suites so we know about the perks. The question is that the Island deck plans make some of these look larger even thought they are all in the same category. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

We were in a Vista Suite (C-703) on the Transatlantic prior to the Island's Trieste dry dock. It was a standard 460 sq ft S-6. It is near the aft elevators. The new S-6 suites directly on the stern are being added now during the 45 day refurbishing.

We were very pleased with the suite and it has a very large balcony. Our only stern Vista S-6 was one with the dreaded beam on the Emerald Princess . We loved the location, but much of the balcony was unusable because of the beam. We have no idea if the new stern Vistas on the Island will or will not have beams.

If you do take C-703 you will have the best cabin steward we have had in many cruises. Luney is a gem.P&J

Morning Everyone

Just offered a paid upgrade from a mini to a full suite on the Island Princess ($599pp - dropped from a previous offer of $999pp a month ago) on a 12 Day Med. My question is for those of you that have sailed in an Island Princess suite before - are all the S6 Vista Suites the same size? From the Princess Deck Plans it looks like the fully aft ones are bigger? We are offered several on the sides of the ship near the rear staircase and also several completely aft suites.

We have cruised in the past in suites so we know about the perks. The question is that the Island deck plans make some of these look larger even thought they are all in the same category. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Remember there are a bunch of aft cabins being added as we speak. The Island is currently in dry dock.

So as far as these new cabins (quite a few new suites) nobody would have any experience yet if those are included in what you are looking at. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We may be booked on the same cruise, were departing on the 3rd of June. We got the offer in the email for the higher price, and didnt jump on it, when it came in at the new price yesterday we paid the upgrade within the hour of receiving it. I think its still available. The rooms on the back are going to be brand new and besides, the extra included amenities are a real plus.

We may be booked on the same cruise, were departing on the 3rd of June. We got the offer in the email for the higher price, and didnt jump on it, when it came in at the new price yesterday we paid the upgrade within the hour of receiving it. I think its still available. The rooms on the back are going to be brand new and besides, the extra included amenities are a real plus.

We decided to take the offer as well - one of those on the Starboard side (a plus sailing into Venice) as no one knows what the aft ones will be like. We already get most of the benefits via Elite, but breakfast in Sabatini's is pretty much as good a perk as you can get (other than laundry............).

We had the Java Suite, Cat. S6 Vista Suite cabin C-702. Having just had the aft-facing Vista Suite on the Sapphire, C-750, a few days prior to that, the Island's S6 was noticeably smaller.

The balcony is really nice if you don't have rain and the location is great. I much prefer it to the aft-facing suites. Lucky you that you didn't have to pay full price for it like we did! And, good thing you were able to get the starboard side for Venice. Congrats and enjoy! :)

We had the Java Suite, Cat. S6 Vista Suite cabin C-702. Having just had the aft-facing Vista Suite on the Sapphire, C-750, a few days prior to that, the Island's S6 was noticeably smaller.

The balcony is really nice if you don't have rain and the location is great. I much prefer it to the aft-facing suites. Lucky you that you didn't have to pay full price for it like we did! And, good thing you were able to get the starboard side for Venice. Congrats and enjoy! :)

We had the same Sapphire aft C-750 suite, and it was great. I'd take one of the new Island aft suites in a heartbeat - especially on a TA (so many sea days to enjoy an aft balcony) but, generally whenever they are available. Have a great cruise and please let us know how the 'new' Island is!

I too took the upsell for $1800 but instead of the Vista we took the new Penthouse on Lido L721 with the complete wrap around balcony. We have never been that high before as we like Caribe on all ships. Only time will tell if this was a good move but I think it will be!

I too took the upsell for $1800 but instead of the Vista we took the new Penthouse on Lido L721 with the complete wrap around balcony. We have never been that high before as we like Caribe on all ships. Only time will tell if this was a good move but I think it will be!

You're definitely going to get more movement up that high. Looking forward to hearing feedback from all of you in the new suites and cabins! Have a fantastic time! :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Kineticoh20

I have the L721 Penthouse booked for the Aug 2015 Grand Mediterranean sailing out of Venice. Interested to hear your thoughts/feedback/photos of this new suite on the Island Princess.

Have a wonderful trip!!