Wonderland and Menu Changes on Anthem?

ratfam

Hi hoping that Anthem cruisers can help me with some information for our cruise this summer. First, I would love to hear reviews from anyone who has eaten at Wonderland. My husband and my anniversary is during our cruise and I am debating booking a specialty restaurant to celebrate, Wonderland sounded a little different so I was hoping for some first hand information before deciding whether to spend the money. We ate at Chops once on another ship and really enjoyed it but thought something new may be nice, and I was lucky enough to book Jamie's with our kids for later in the cruise before it went a la carte. Also, for the longer cruises I am curious whether the menus in the complimentary restaurants do switch midway through. Our anniversary is night 3 of our cruise and thinking maybe I should book the dinner another night around night 5 or 6 to avoid missing any of the menus (we are booked for classic dining). Thanks in advance!

We just returned from the Quantum, and did the Wonderland. IT was about three hours of eating multiple courses and was a wonderful experience and for us, worth the money. It is an adventure in food tastes and experiences and difficult to describe, but if you are adventurous, is a once in a life time activity. I am gluten sensitive, and that was not a problem in that restaurant, or any restaurant on the ship. The Anthem Wonderland will most likely follow the same menu's and themes. And no, you do not get over filled as each proportion is complimentary to the next course. Just allow time for the adventure so it doesn't affect other activities you may want to do.

We just returned from the Quantum, and did the Wonderland. IT was about three hours of eating multiple courses and was a wonderful experience and for us, worth the money. It is an adventure in food tastes and experiences and difficult to describe, but if you are adventurous, is a once in a life time activity. I am gluten sensitive, and that was not a problem in that restaurant, or any restaurant on the ship. The Anthem Wonderland will most likely follow the same menu's and themes. And no, you do not get over filled as each proportion is complimentary to the next course. Just allow time for the adventure so it doesn't affect other activities you may want to do.

ON the longer cruises the menu's in the restaurants change. It depends on how long your cruise is. Regardless, there are multiple selections so you will not be eating baloney every night. We found that if you so desire, you can eat lobster and filet mignon every night if you so desire somewhere on the ship.

EdandMary, thanks! That is just the kind of thing I was hoping to hear! I didn't realize that they had Wonderland on the Quantum too so I figured I would need to try for Anthem cruisers. Our cruise is I think one of the longer ones at 14 nights so it sounds like the menus will change, maybe I will look to book Wonderland around our midway point--but not on a night that we have to be at a show! Thanks again for the information

Wonderland is Wonderful on The Anthem :D

Hi hoping that Anthem cruisers can help me with some information for our cruise this summer. First, I would love to hear reviews from anyone who has eaten at Wonderland. My husband and my anniversary is during our cruise and I am debating booking a specialty restaurant to celebrate, Wonderland sounded a little different so I was hoping for some first hand information before deciding whether to spend the money. We ate at Chops once on another ship and really enjoyed it but thought something new may be nice, and I was lucky enough to book Jamie's with our kids for later in the cruise before it went a la carte. Also, for the longer cruises I am curious whether the menus in the complimentary restaurants do switch midway through. Our anniversary is night 3 of our cruise and thinking maybe I should book the dinner another night around night 5 or 6 to avoid missing any of the menus (we are booked for classic dining). Thanks in advance!

Our cruise is I think one of the longer ones at 14 nights so it sounds like the menus will change, maybe I will look to book Wonderland around our midway point--but not on a night that we have to be at a show! Thanks again for the information

We have just done Wonderland on Anthem. There isn't a set menu, but themed courses. You tell them what you are allergic to, can't eat, won't eat, etc. and they tailor the courses to suit you. It cost $49 each and was fairly popular but there were still places available to book once onboard. Takes about 2 hours for one sitting.

We have just done Wonderland on Anthem. There isn't a set menu, but themed courses. You tell them what you are allergic to, can't eat, won't eat, etc. and they tailor the courses to suit you. It cost $49 each and was fairly popular but there were still places available to book once onboard. Takes about 2 hours for one sitting.

How good was it?

Was it worth it?

We ate in Jamie's and had a really nice meal. Were going to do Wonderland but with booked shows and a long day in Paris didn't get round to it.

Also, for the longer cruises I am curious whether the menus in the complimentary restaurants do switch midway through.

The main complimentary restaurants (Grande, Chic, Silk, Icon) have set menus which change every few days. However, they also do a 'menu of menus' which feature a few dishes from each one. There could be 2 or 3 of these on a 14 night cruise. It is a bit annoying if you are looking forward to the themed menu and get stuck with the 'menu of menus'. They don't seem to give any notice of these so you only find out when you are seated at your table.

How good was it?

Was it worth it?

We ate in Jamie's and had a really nice meal. Were going to do Wonderland but with booked shows and a long day in Paris didn't get round to it.

The food was good and unusual as was the presentation. Worth doing once for the experience. Pricewise it seems a lot but compared to the other specialty restaurants (like Chops), it is reasonable. There are also discount packages available if you look out for them.

Thanks I think we will give Wonderland a try for our anniversary! Also appreciate the information about the menus I thought they might change just once during the cruise, if they change more than once and there are the "best of" menus as well we won't get to try them all as in addition to Wonderland we are going to do Divinely Decadence on a night we wouldn't make our Classic time with our show tickets and I am definitely keeping Jamie's since we have that on the fixed rate. I don't think we will be doing another fee restaurant so we won't get the discount. I guess the good thing is that all of the menus I have seen for the complimentary restaurants look good, so I don't think we will go hungry!

We did Wonderland on Tuesday for our anniversary on the Quantum.

Fab experience and as there's now no corkage we dropped off a bottle of Moët (one of our 2 bought on with us) in the morning which they chilled and we had with our dinner that evening!

Do it, it's great. We are on the Anthem in July and it's already booked!

Relax and enjoy and don't eat a big breakfast or lunch!

Love, love Wonderland. We ate there on both our quantum cruises. Take your time and don't rush. You DO NOT want to be so full you pass up dessert. There is also an appetizer that has some kind of tempura fried leaves ( I can't for the life of me can think of what they are) they are absolutely delicious. Some kind of exotic leaves. We have 3 cruised booked for the anthem and will eat there all 3 times. Enjoy the food, enjoy the experience.

Wonderland is WONDERFUL. Well worth the price.

That said, do NOT plan it when you have to be somewhere afterwards... you do NOT want to feel rushed there. This is a meal you ought to linger over and savor.

For much the same reason, I do NOT recommend it for kids. They're likely to be fidgety and unpleasant, both for you and for the tables around yours. They also are unlikely to appreciate how unusual the dishes are.

Does anyone have a copy of the Anthem wonderland menu? Also does anyone have any experience of being a vegetarian at wonderland?

There is no menu as such. There are themed courses. When you take your place at the table you are asked about any dietary requirements and the dishes are adjusted as necessary.

Does anyone have a copy of the Anthem wonderland menu? Also does anyone have any experience of being a vegetarian at wonderland?

I have got photos of Wonderland Menu from off Anthem - but I forgot how to upload them on to here...

Help please !!

Or I could just email them to you ?

Edited by Clio1610

I have got photos of Wonderland Menu from off Anthem - but I forgot how to upload them on to here...

Help please !!

Or I could just email them to you ?

Hi,

Unfortunately I've never really uploaded anything onto here although I use the cruise critic app for iPhone and there is an option to add photos to replies so that might work if you could add an app. Otherwise would be great if you could e-mail me - my address is juliemcga@gmail.com

Hi,

Unfortunately I've never really uploaded anything onto here although I use the cruise critic app for iPhone and there is an option to add photos to replies so that might work if you could add an app. Otherwise would be great if you could e-mail me - my address is juliemcga@gmail.com

I will email them to you - it's easier :rolleyes:

Be careful, 'Wonderland' is not for everybody.

I though I was adventurous with food, but Wonderland (Anthem) was uncharted territory.

I though the food was weird, bland or just plain unpleasant. It was the biggest waste of money that I have ever had on-board a cruise ship.

The three tables around ours were all very dissatisfied. The table of four behind us, walked out. I almost did.

Many passengers do enjoy 'Wonderland', but will you?

I've got all menus from the inaugural sailing here http://hjorth.com/menus-from-anthem-of-the-seas/.

But Wonderland really only give a hint of the items (as it is the norm with molecular gastronomy).

Be

Nicolai

I had asked this on another post and never received an answer: is there a way to determine the order of the menus if there are multiple menus for a venue: ie- which nights are Atlantic and which are pacific?