Carrying plates rather than using trays at buffet?

tbmrt

There were a few small trays available on our March Summit cruise. That being noted, we didn't ever need them because in my youth I did lots of waitressing so I can carry lots of plates :p.

We only ever ate breakfast at the buffet but started by getting coffee, juice and cutlery. Then, placing all of this carefully and neatly on the table along with some personal items, went back to get the rest.

Our place was always waiting and no trays were needed.

on the S class ships there is no place to rest a tray while you are scooping your food. A plate is much easier to manage. I put my cutlery in my pocket.

To save your seat just leave personal items on your chairs. I have a small back pack that I take to the buffet and use that and my refillable drink cups.

Never had a problem

it would be nice if the card players would leave during meal times to free up more tables!!

I always take a refillable water bottle with me and leave it on the table with my silverware and napkin and have never had an issue.

I agree, wish the card players would at least give up their table when they see folks walking around with their food looking for a table.