Help me decide we have been on four cruises

gladimhere

love cruising and love this board.My daughter is very sad this will be her last time to do kids club and I mean really sad she has made great friend that she stays in touch with.My husband has never gone with he does not think cruising is his thing he travels for a living so his idea of vacation is to stay home.So I am paying the awfully huge price for a new years cruise ouch! My choices are Splendor Belize Roaton Czumel Costa Maya or Glory San juan St Thomas Half moon cay and Grand Turks Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

love cruising and love this board.My daughter is very sad this will be her last time to do kids club and I mean really sad she has made great friend that she stays in touch with.My husband has never gone with he does not think cruising is his thing he travels for a living so his idea of vacation is to stay home.So I am paying the awfully huge price for a new years cruise ouch! My choices are Splendor Belize Roaton Czumel Costa Maya or Glory San juan St Thomas Half moon cay and Grand Turks Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
sorry my husband is coming with everyone is so surprised he agreed

I travel for a living and cruising IS what I choose when I think of vacation. It's the farthest thing from what I do on a daily basis.

Between the two, the Glory itinerary is the definite better one. That's what I would do.

I agree with the others...the Glory itinerary. I have been on it once before and I am getting ready to do the same itinerary in 2 1/2 weeks!!

I have also been on the Splendor itinerary (minus Costa Maya). Just something to be aware of..Roatan is sometimes missed if there are high winds or currents. Belize is beautiful, but you really need to take an excursion AWAY from the city to see the beauty (the city itself is NOT beautiful).

I hope your husband enjoys the cruise and becomes hooked!!

I'm "odd man out" here, I guess... I would vote Splendor. We prefer Western Caribbean over eastern. Plus the Splendor has a Cloud 9 Spa that the Glory does not. We book spa staterooms on any cloud 9 ship over a standard. The spa is amazing, very relaxing and I count it among my favorite things to do while cruising! Cozumel is our favorite port by far- we've considered buying a vacation home there we like it so much. So for me, hands down, it would be the Splendor.

I just got back from a cruise on the Dream. It was my second visit to Roatan. It may now be my favorite port. We booked a day at Little French Key directly from their website. It may be the most beautiful place I've been to ever.

They have different price points. They pick you up at the port and take you to a place to pick up a small boat to their private island (not far from shore) The place is surrounded by a coral reef with beautiful lagoons to swim in and other acitivities. It's not crowded at all. Drinks are not outrageously priced.

Please check it out. Everyone there had an amazing time. Wish I had my pictures to post.

Ready to go back......

I just got back from a cruise on the Dream. It was my second visit to Roatan. It may now be my favorite port. We booked a day at Little French Key directly from their website. It may be the most beautiful place I've been to ever.

They have different price points. They pick you up at the port and take you to a place to pick up a small boat to their private island (not far from shore) The place is surrounded by a coral reef with beautiful lagoons to swim in and other acitivities. It's not crowded at all. Drinks are not outrageously priced.

Please check it out. Everyone there had an amazing time. Wish I had my pictures to post.

Ready to go back......

Good to know!

I would go with the Glory. The ports are more beach/relaxation oriented if that is his thing. I think the western ports are better if you are looking for more adventurous excursions or cultural opportunities, but I think for a first time cruiser the Glory itinerary is great. The ships are pretty close to the same and with the New Years cruise there should be plenty of kids on board for your daughter to socialize with. I have several friends and family members who were initially apprehensive about cruising, but after that first try most are hooked, so good luck and have a great cruise either way.

I would go Glory, hands down. I have done both ships and both itineraries. Much prefer the Glory itinerary and if it came down to just the ships, I would pick Glory way above Splendor. But Splendor is probably my least favorite ship.