Port arrival times

SilverRibbon

Hi,

I've booked my cruise. I know what ports the ship goes to but there aren't any details about the times it arrives at these ports! This makes it difficult to know whether to book non-cruise excursions or not. Will I get a letter or email detailing port arrival times and when does this information normally get sent?

Thanks

The folloing is a comprehensive website which shows the times by ship / location etc.

I assume that they are accurate but perhaps someone else can confirm

http://www.cruisetimetables.com

I usually find although this site gives the arrival and departure times of the other ships in port, the P&O ones still appear as vague timings.

This other site: http://www.cruisett.com does give the port times of those P&O ships which appear (sadly not all do for some reason). I couldn't pick up Azura in Feb although Oceana was there. Our Aurora cruise later this year is listed and I have all the exact port times for that.

Select your ship then the month/year of your travel then the ship's itinerary and port times will appear (subject to it being included!). It will also list the other ships in port. If you click on them you will see their port times too.

Hope your ship is listed!

(In my experience you won't get any more precise timings from P&O than the 'early afternoon' type description before you sail. This does make planning for independent excursions difficult and I think unreasonable of P&O to withhold this information. They have to book the ship into the port so there is no way that they don't know what they are!)

Edited by kruzseeka

Thanks for your replies. It does seem ridiculous that P&O won't give firm times other than the Morning and Afternoon type of timings. Surely they must know that this information is essential to help their passengers plan their day on shore! I was half expecting to be updated with firm timings soon after I booked but alas, it looks like I would've been disappointed.

Thanks for your links but http://www.cruisett.com was the one that luckily had details of my ship and its time at each port. Are these timings accurate and likely to remain unchanged? It seems wrong that this information has be searched for on the internet and not supplied by P&O. I noticed that Princess cruise does supply times - P&O should follow their example

Thanks for your replies. It does seem ridiculous that P&O won't give firm times other than the Morning and Afternoon type of timings. Surely they must know that this information is essential to help their passengers plan their day on shore! I was half expecting to be updated with firm timings soon after I booked but alas, it looks like I would've been disappointed.

Thanks for your links but www.cruisett.com was the one that luckily had details of my ship and its time at each port. Are these timings accurate and likely to remain unchanged? It seems wrong that this information has be searched for on the internet and not supplied by P&O. I noticed that Princess cruise does supply times - P&O should follow their example

In my experience yes they are accurate and unless there is something untoward unlikely to change unless P&O have a late change of heart! Most cruise lines publish their times in port although not Cunard either - looks like Company policy! Pleased to hear you have found your timings though and can plan your days in port more confidently.