"My time" question

bangzoom6877

We paid in full for our July Breakaway cruise, and I got a letter via email from NCL, about something called "my time". It said that I'm entitled to certain benefits. They included a special check-in area when we arrive at the pier in NYC, 20% off of spa treatments on port days! and a few other things I can't remember right now. Is this something new? Is this different than when they used to have the Latitudes check-in area? Should I print the letter and bring it with me?

We paid in full for our July Breakaway cruise, and I got a letter via email from NCL, about something called "my time". It said that I'm entitled to certain benefits. They included a special check-in area when we arrive at the pier in NYC, 20% off of spa treatments on port days! and a few other things I can't remember right now. Is this something new? Is this different than when they used to have the Latitudes check-in area? Should I print the letter and bring it with me?

If I have understood it correctly, it is a marketing perk that they (NCL) have developed together with certain travel agents, so I am guessing that you have not booked your cruise directly through NCL but through a TA that is working with NCL in the "My Time-project"....?

Edited by TrumpyNor

If I have understood it correctly, it is a marketing perk that they )NCL) have developed together with certain travel agents, so I am guessing that you have not booked your cruise through NCL but through a TA that is working with NCL in the "My Time-project"....?

http://blog.gogo-vacations.com/on-the-go/sail-away-mytime-ncl/

Yes, I booked through my TA from Liberty Travel, who I always book through.

I just looked at the letter again. They are also offering the UDP for buy one, get one for half price. We don't need the UDP anyway, but that was one thing. Another benefit is 15% off shore excursions when you book two or more for all guests in the stateroom. Both of these benefits have to be purchased prior to the sail date.

There is also expedited luggage delivery, and it also says to notify people at the pier when checking the luggage that we are "my time" guests. The letter also indicates that there will be special luggage tags we can print out.

Is this something to get excited over? The one thing that mainly got my attention is the special check-in area at the pier once we pass security.

I just looked at the letter again. They are also offering the UDP for buy one, get one for half price. We don't need the UDP anyway, but that was one thing. Another benefit is 15% off shore excursions when you book two or more for all guests in the stateroom. Both of these benefits have to be purchased prior to the sail date.

There is also expedited luggage delivery, and it also says to notify people at the pier when checking the luggage that we are "my time" guests. The letter also indicates that there will be special luggage tags we can print out.

Is this something to get excited over? The one thing that mainly got my attention is the special check-in area at the pier once we pass security.

I edited my reply and took away the link, since I suddenly realized that it probably was considered as advertising (I didn't mean to do do something against the CC rules), but you obviously quoted me before I edited it. Maybe you could edit your answer to me by taking away that link, so that I don't get in trouble with the CC administrators, please?

"My Time" is an option available to you as a result of working with a participating TA. You would get the best answer(s) to your questions by contacting your TA directly....it is their promotion, and since they are being paid to take care of your reservation, they should be happy to explain everything and address all of your concerns.

Yet it says your MyTime perps begin before you even step on the vessel with an exclusive check-in area located just after security at Pier 88 in New York City. Then you’ll receive myTime branded electronic luggage tags, which will help identify your bags for the myTime expedited luggage delivery service.

I'm confused because you drop your luggage off BEFORE you go through security.....unless you are carrying on your own luggage. So what good is the branded electronic luggage tags after you've gone through security?

What am I not getting?

Harriet

would that be half off the regular rate or half off the brochure rate?:D

Bill

Thanks to OP for sharing, this is something new ?? Exclusive check-in doesn't mean much unless priority boarding is bundled together as a package, for an optional fee or paid for by TA ...

Another fine example of "strategic" enhancement to F®eestyle Cruising :p

Very convenient too, I might add - very good for booking with outside TA's.

Thanks to OP for sharing, this is something new ?? Exclusive check-in doesn't mean much unless priority boarding is bundled together as a package, for an optional fee or paid for by TA ...

Another fine example of "strategic" enhancement to F®eestyle Cruising :p

Very convenient too, I might add - very good for booking with outside TA's.

I don't think it's new. I've seen posts asking about this a few times in the past year or two

I edited my reply and took away the link, since I suddenly realized that it probably was considered as advertising (I didn't mean to do do something against the CC rules), but you obviously quoted me before I edited it. Maybe you could edit your answer to me by taking away that link, so that I don't get in trouble with the CC administrators, please?

It's been a few hours since I replied, and it's no longer an option to edit my post now. How can I change it at this point?

Yet it says your MyTime perps begin before you even step on the vessel with an exclusive check-in area located just after security at Pier 88 in New York City. Then you’ll receive myTime branded electronic luggage tags, which will help identify your bags for the myTime expedited luggage delivery service.

I'm confused because you drop your luggage off BEFORE you go through security.....unless you are carrying on your own luggage. So what good is the branded electronic luggage tags after you've gone through security?

What am I not getting?

Harriet

The letter I got says to print the electronic luggage tags prior to leaving for the pier, and then bring them with you.

It's been a few hours since I replied, and it's no longer an option to edit my post now. How can I change it at this point?

I guess it is too late now, but don't worry. I am pretty certain that CC administrators understand that I didn't do it on purpose - I just googled "NCL My Time", and that was the first result - I didn't think about it until a few minutes later, when I realized the link was of course to a travel agency and shouldn't be there (here)...

Ummmm how are you able to print electronic luggage tags?

Here are the exact words stated in the letter:

Exclusive myTime branded electronic luggage tags (Please have these printed and attached to your luggage for arrival into pier 88 in New York City to enjoy this benefit. Upon arrival to Pier 88 please identify yourself as a myTime guest to the ground staff).

Here are the exact words stated in the letter:

Exclusive myTime branded electronic luggage tags (Please have these printed and attached to your luggage for arrival into pier 88 in New York City to enjoy this benefit. Upon arrival to Pier 88 please identify yourself as a myTime guest to the ground staff).

Oh I don't doubt you at all, I just think it's funny that they call them electronic luggage tags. I expected to see a tag with flashing lights :)

Printable tags may have been a better choice, but maybe it's only me whose mind went there.

I'm pretty sure the electronic luggage tags are just like your e-docs. The "e" is for electronic. They probably have a bar code printed on them unlike the regular luggage tags you get to print with your e-docs.

My Time is not new. There were many passengers with it on our last Breakaway cruise in October. There is a check in area past security, I don't think there is a separate waiting area like for VIP or Suite guests as the people we met that had it were sitting with us in the main waiting area.

I'm pretty sure the electronic luggage tags are just like your e-docs. The "e" is for electronic. They probably have a bar code printed on them unlike the regular luggage tags you get to print with your e-docs.

Thank you - of course it must be...!!! I just couldn't understand how this electronic luggage tags was working, but now I get it... Now I feel a little stupid for not understanding it right away... :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

Thank you - of course it must be...!!! I just couldn't understand how this electronic luggage tags was working, but now I get it... Now I feel a little stupid for not understanding it right away... :p

Happy I could help. Don't feel stupid, we all have "duh" moments.:D

I didn't understand why they called them electronic luggage tags at first either. But then I thought about it and figured it was that there's a bar code printed on it.

Do myTime guests have any sort of priority check-in or do we board the ship with everyone else? We're not in the Haven so we don't have the priority boarding for that.