What's better about the Quantum Class ships?

High Tech- Yes, but it means you spend days (literally mean many hours) doing dining bookings.

I booked all of our dining for our 9-day cruise in one 15-minute phone call to RCI.

By the time you book entertainment, you find serious conflicts with your dining and there is no where to move your dining.

I changed two of my reservations on board in a few seconds with the RoyalIQ app.

North Star - Interesting Stuff. Shorter wait if you can wake up at 7:30am. Other than that, it's a 1.5 hour wait.

We went in the middle of the day and waited less than 30 minutes.

Shows - Good shows. Wait for 45 minutes to an hour to get in, for decent seats.

We went to one show and just walked right in with no wait.

Internet - On and off. Just like normal life.

The wifi was the best I have ever had on a cruise ship.

Been there, done that, Not again!! It's good to try it once. But repeats? No thanks. I will spend my money elsewhere. I am not hoping for a free cruise somewhere, so I can tell the truth. The biggest problem is that: they are NOT trying to fix the above problems, and they treat it as norm. That I find unacceptable and not worth my money/ time.

We already have the Anthem booked for next year at a very good price.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Just too pricey for the experience/ service received.

They built the ship to appeal to the younger cruisers. Problem is, it's only good to do it once. As a younger cruiser myself, I don't like to repeat things, especially when there are huge long lines. I will look for a different experience next time. Maybe in the long run, this ship will appeal to the retired crowd.

There are enough reviews out there people can get a big picture and get a real expectation. Walk-in to shows and short waits for activities? Sure. It happened to us too. But it is not the general picture of things.

Anthem? It's the same thing. No thanks.

Edited by Catcat222

Just got off Quantum Of The Seas this past Saturday,

and I would do it again in a heart beat. This ship is so gorgeous.

The ship size feels like the Freedom class but with all the extras which are amazing.

So happy that they are bringing Anthem to replace it.

Can't wait to try it!!

Edited by Angelsea57

Also off the most recent sailing...Quantum was nice, high tech , good shows, did the North Star , I-Fly, bumper cars etc. We still prefer the Allure or Liberty. Realized we will never go out of Bayonne again...sorry New Yorker's ! We are used to warm ports and ones easier to get around. Getting to Bayonne is a bear with traffic and you run the risk of not enough workers at the dock. The porters refused to put on the RFD tags on the luggage. They were so busy ???? Checking in went very quickly and Disembarking was fast and easy.The weather on the cruise was not good, little sun, cloudy and windy most of the time....but that has nothing to do with the ship.

AngelSea57 and swsf99a,

Did you enjoy the dynamic dining? Could you explain how it works? I'm used to being able to go to the Windjammer whenever I please if I don't want to do the formal seating times in Romeo&Juliet etc.

AngelSea57 and swsf99a,

Did you enjoy the dynamic dining? Could you explain how it works? I'm used to being able to go to the Windjammer whenever I please if I don't want to do the formal seating times in Romeo&Juliet etc.

This was our first time trying the dynamic dining and we were skeptical about it.

We prefer the traditional dining but it was different and very elegant. Reservations are required, which we made way ahead of the cruise. We had no problems changing a few of them while onboard because we liked some of the complementary restaurants better than others.

The experience was like dining at a fancy restaurant every night.

Restaurants like the Grande they required dressy attire , but the rest of the

complementary restaurant were casual. The Windjammer had great food. The dinner

meals were the best. Mongolian BBQ the one night, and the different stations with fresh

pasta and fresh asian soups, fresh baked breads, cookies etc. Very nice.

Edited by Angelsea57

This was our first time trying the dynamic dining and we were skeptical about it.

We prefer the traditional dining but it was different and very elegant. Reservations are required, which we made way ahead of the cruise. We had no problems changing a few of them while onboard because we liked some of the complementary restaurants better than others.

The experience was like dining at a fancy restaurant every night.

Restaurants like the Grande they required dressy attire , but the rest of the

complementary restaurant were casual. The Windjammer had great food. The dinner

meals were the best. Mongolian BBQ the one night, and the different stations with fresh

pasta and fresh asian soups, fresh baked breads, cookies etc. Very nice.

So you're saying the Windjammer was as normal - a buffett with informal dining? But you had to reserve a time slot to get in? Thank you!

So you're saying the Windjammer was as normal - a buffett with informal dining? But you had to reserve a time slot to get in? Thank you!

For the Windjammer you just walk in, breakfast lunch and dinner.

No reservations required. Dress as you would like, but no bathing suits without

being covered.

For the Windjammer you just walk in, breakfast lunch and dinner.

No reservations required. Dress as you would like, but no bathing suits without

being covered.

Ahh, see this is where I was confused. I thought Dynamic Dining meant they got rid of the informal, eat-whenever-you-please Windjammer dining. So what exactly is the different between the Dynamic Dining and the previous formal dining?

From the ship I was on in April - you chose a 6pm or 8pm seating at the formal dinner, went to Windjammer, or chose one of the specialty restaurants at your leisure. Is the new Dynamic Dining different from that?

Ahh, see this is where I was confused. I thought Dynamic Dining meant they got rid of the informal, eat-whenever-you-please Windjammer dining. So what exactly is the different between the Dynamic Dining and the previous formal dining?

From the ship I was on in April - you chose a 6pm or 8pm seating at the formal dinner, went to Windjammer, or chose one of the specialty restaurants at your leisure. Is the new Dynamic Dining different from that?

The difference is that now you have the 5 different restaurants you can pick from

instead of the traditional one. It works out the same way. You are just eating

at a different place every evening. Or like we did we ate at this same complementary

restaurant 3 different days because we liked that restaurant a lot.

Plus the Windjammer is opened every evening also.

Edited by Angelsea57

Although we had some problems on the Quantum, we will try the Anthem. We were on the March 29 sailing. We loved all the new things on the ship esp. the new kind of dining and internet service. But we were on a sailing right after a sailing with noro. That messed up our first day onboard by not being able to board until 1:00 pm and not getting into our cabins until 7:30 pm at night. My husband got sick from the constant cleaning thoughout the cruise with the cleaner they used. Also because they were going to China in a few weeks later their many new trainees that had a difficult time understanding English so service was lacking.

• 2 weeks later...
this is my opinion and my experience. I appolize if this is fear mongering to you. but 80% of the top cruisers on the complimentary cruise and the b2b afterward in November felt the same way. if you were there in November and had a different experience tell me about it. this is my opinion from my experience. if you were not there, you have no idea how it was at that time.

again----this is IMHO...

We were on Quantum in March. A good cruise, but not great. My main complaints were regarding the need to make reservations FOR EVERYTHING, along with problems with the reservations. It really put a damper on the cruise.

Restaurants and food - OK, but not great.

Since the ship was out of NJ, there were a lot of passengers who have been on other RCCL ships. From what I heard, a lot of people agree with phish tales :(

I'm a frequent RCL cruiser and I'd do Quantum again in a heartbeat.

Quantum has been accurately described elsewhere as being a cross between RCL's Radiance class and Celebrity's Solstice class. This class of ship is also decidedly more modern in feel and appearance than its predecessors.

Have you done Oasis Class?

Just curious to find out if you'd do it again or if you'd book Oasis class again over this.

Have you done Oasis Class?

Just curious to find out if you'd do it again or if you'd book Oasis class again over this.

I would book quantum class over oasis class. I prefer the stylishness and class of the ship's. That said, I do have both booked though.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk