Closest beach to dockyard

smile1234

I will be treaveling on liberty of the seas in August. I have been to both snorkle park and horseshoe bay. Looking for another option but have 2 impatient kids. I need the closest most direct route. From what i am reading u need to take a ferry and a bus to some of the other beaches. I need a direct ride to a beach from the dockyard. Please help !!!

Thanks

I will be treaveling on liberty of the seas in August. I have been to both snorkle park and horseshoe bay. Looking for another option but have 2 impatient kids. I need the closest most direct route. From what i am reading u need to take a ferry and a bus to some of the other beaches. I need a direct ride to a beach from the dockyard. Please help !!!

Thanks

From what I have been reading, it seems that Snorkel Park is the closest. Appears as simple as exiting the ship and walking to the right...and there it is!

I second the taxi! A vacation is not the time to force your kids to learn patience. ;) Have them take you to Warwick Bay. It's just past Horseshoe Bay and you can walk along the trails just a little bit toward Horseshoe and you will find awesome little cove beaches that are perfect for swimming and snorkeling and playing in the sand.

A taxi is more costly, but when you don't want to make stops on the way to accommodate others, this is the best way to travel. It will take you a lot less time to get there and be a lot less stressful for excited kiddos.

Have fun!!!!

Church Bay is a little closer than HSB. It's one of my favorites, and has good snorkeling.

Yes, Church Bay is a bit closer and one of our favorites as well and usually, it's not crowded. However, it tends to be rough and depending on the age of the OP's children, or any children, I hesitate to recommend it.

Somerset Long Bay is close, but you would want to take a taxi as there is no direct bus route. It's off the beaten path, lots of shade, and calm water which is great for kids. My class used to do gym there once in a while years ago, when the weather was nice and we behaved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel's Head is further than Black's Beach, but closer than Horseshoe. Taking the "train" is not very fast, though it is interesting and different.

Here is a search showing a few recent threads discussing pros and cons of the place.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71020308

Edited by OceanBlue123

• 2 weeks later...