FotS Rear/Wake-facing rooms questions

I found a wake-facing room available in FotS and have couple of questions:

1. I've experienced a lot of side-to-side rocking and vibration in rear-facing rooms in other ships, is it the same aboard FotS?

2. Are the balconies of rear-facing staterooms any less private than either side of the ship (i.e. can people from decks above us see our balcony?

TIA.

1. I've experienced a lot of side-to-side rocking and vibration in rear-facing rooms in other ships, is it the same aboard FotS?

2. Are the balconies of rear-facing staterooms any less private than either side of the ship (i.e. can people from decks above us see our balcony?

TIA.

If you are on a deck other than 10, people can look down on you if you are on the aft most part of the balcony. You do have privacy and shade if you are closer to the balcony door.

My parents booked the Royal family suite on Freedom for me and my 2 sisters, 1 friend each and the grandma in '10....

Privacy was ok from what I can remember? we had a great view of the last boarding call runners at almost every port :D

There wasn't enough motion to make me nauseous, bu I found there was just the perfect amount of vibration back there to make me crash out hard with sleepies- Both me and my friend speculated that maybe it was the motion of the ocean which hit some magic snooze button in our brains whenever we came back to hang out in the cabin.

Maybe we were just tuckering ourselves out every day, but we'd come back to the cabin to get ready for dinner and totally crashed, twice! I think I napped and slept better on that cruise than anywhere else in my life!

The wife just asked if anyone is familiar with the view of FotS 1402 (Deck 10, rear facing). Seems to be very private, but also seems you lose a lot of "sky" with the WJ outward edges. So you get to see the bottom of the restaurant floor?

The wife just asked if anyone is familiar with the view of FotS 1402 (Deck 10, rear facing). Seems to be very private, but also seems you lose a lot of "sky" with the WJ outward edges. So you get to see the bottom of the restaurant floor?

It's no different than seeing the bottom of another balcony above you in other cabins. We had 1702 on Liberty. Great balcony.

It's no different than seeing the bottom of another balcony above you in other cabins. We had 1702 on Liberty. Great balcony.

Actually, it is rather a rather obstructed view. After much searching, I found the picture below. As you can see, it's deeply entrenched underneath the Wind Jammer's. So, from that view, it would appear a rear-facing cabin in decks 6-9 would have the best views. Deck 6 rear would have the least open balcony privacy as anyone above them could easily peek down.

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/ZefH/media/RC%20Freedom%20OTS/Freedomrear-full.jpg.html

Actually, it is rather a rather obstructed view. After much searching, I found the picture below. As you can see, it's deeply entrenched underneath the Wind Jammer's. So, from that view, it would appear a rear-facing cabin in decks 6-9 would have the best views. Deck 6 rear would have the least open balcony privacy as anyone above them could easily peek down.

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/ZefH/media/RC%20Freedom%20OTS/Freedomrear-full.jpg.html

It's the angle that the photo was taken from is quite deceptive. We've had aft balconies on Liberty on deck 7 and 10 and deck 10 was the least obstructed and there was no obstruction from the WJ overhang.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It's the angle that the photo was taken from is quite deceptive. We've had aft balconies on Liberty on deck 7 and 10 and deck 10 was the least obstructed.

Well dogbegone :) OK, I thought I had my mind finally made. Now it's back to the drawing board :/ I guess it's a good first-world-problem to have.

Deck six is not very desirable for aft facing cabins. There is a large protruding metal area directly in front of your balcony. You can barely see the wake because of all the metal deck and superstructure if you are sitting down.

TIA.

Our favorite aft staterooms are on Freedom. Have had the end with large porthole and balcony. Also have had the stateroom next to it with covered balcony until close to railing. Haven't been on deck 6. A little vibration. So quiet on aft halls and no one passing by.

We were in 7408 on FOS. We had no problems with vibration or rocking. It was one of the most stable ships we ever experienced. On Indy (7708) we did feel vibration but no rocking. We had some engine troubles on that cruise, so it may have explained the vibration.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

My parents booked the Royal family suite on Freedom for me and my 2 sisters, 1 friend each and the grandma in '10....

Privacy was ok from what I can remember? we had a great view of the last boarding call runners at almost every port :D

There wasn't enough motion to make me nauseous, bu I found there was just the perfect amount of vibration back there to make me crash out hard with sleepies- Both me and my friend speculated that maybe it was the motion of the ocean which hit some magic snooze button in our brains whenever we came back to hang out in the cabin.

Maybe we were just tuckering ourselves out every day, but we'd come back to the cabin to get ready for dinner and totally crashed, twice! I think I napped and slept better on that cruise than anywhere else in my life!

I thoroughly love this post. That is totally what I am looking forward to on our cruise in June. Coming back from excursions and crashing out on our aft balcony! YES!