Tendering in Cannes - how long does it take to get to shore once on a tender? Also

stipmom

I agree -- it is a relatively short distance from the ship to the tender dock.

I am not quite sure I understand your question about the "published docking," but in our case two years ago our ship arrived a little early and they began the tendering process before the time which had been printed in the evening daily.

There are many factors at play including the currents, prevailing winds, sea conditions, etc. There is no hard and fast rule. As to how long it takes to get a shore, the first tender will likely leave 15-20 min after dropping anchor. After that it really depends on sea conditions and the particular ship. If you are not on a cruise line excursion and do not have some kind of tender priority it will depend on how early you get your tender ticket. On large ships it can easily take 1 1/2 hours to get everyone ashore who wants to go. In Cannes the tender ride will normally be about 15 min but it does vary depending on winds and sea conditions.

Hank