Rotterdam Baltic Diary and Photos

AndrewM

I have a website with photos and diary on my recent cruise to the Baltic countries on the MS Rotterdam here if you would like to view:

http://www.hwired.com/baltic/index.html

Your photos and web design are just fantastic. I just love the photo of Janet skipping down the promenade deck .. just priceless! Your photos truly captured the emotion and mood of you, Janet, and all of the locals in the various countries!

Your photos and web design are just fantastic. I just love the photo of Janet skipping down the promenade deck .. just priceless! Your photos truly captured the emotion and mood of you, Janet, and all of the locals in the various countries!

How flattering Steve. The irony of it all is that your web page inspired my endeavour in the first place. Your Noordam travelogue was a great read and the best detailed site I'd seen on private tours in St. Petersburg when I first read it last May. I remember how I was touched by your grandmother's eulogy also. Thankfully now I let you know.

cheers, andrew.

Wonderful pictures, thanks so much for posting them. Brought back alot of fond memories for me when I sailed on the Amsterdam to the Baltics.

Thanks Reverend Neal and Doone. The MS Amsterdam intrigues me for it's size and itinerary..how lucky you were.

andrew.

Great review and photos, and very swish web site! You make those of us who just type up a review to post here look very, very bad ;) .

Having been on the same itinerary (reverse actually) a month later, it is certainly interesting to compare notes.

Incidentally, if anyone is waiting for my review, it has experienced a slight delay but should be ready by the end of the week. In the meantime enjoy Andrew's, which is prettier, shorter, and less dull than mine will be anyway!

Great review and photos, and very swish web site! You make those of us who just type up a review to post here look very, very bad ;) .

Having been on the same itinerary (reverse actually) a month later, it is certainly interesting to compare notes.

Incidentally, if anyone is waiting for my review, it has experienced a slight delay but should be ready by the end of the week. In the meantime enjoy Andrew's, which is prettier, shorter, and less dull than mine will be anyway!

Thanks very much Doug! Wow..i never thought my report would be considered short..sometimes I wish I could have shown a little brevity. Look forward to reading yours..cheers, andrew.

Your web site is GREAT. I was on Westerdam llast year with a similar itinerary, so I especially enjoyed your adventures/descriptions of people and places. Remind me not to go shopping with you--no telling what you'd be yelling to the crowd.

I may have missed it, but were there continuing antics with the lady who had just retired--or did I miss that somewhere?

Thanks!

Wonderful review and pictures! I thoroughly agree that a port intensive cruise is not a good way to see the Baltic. We took a GCT tour of Scandinavia two years ago that spent at least 3 days each in St. Petersburg (4 days), Helsinki, Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, and Stockholm. Even the extra time in each city is not enough to do a thorough job of exploring, especially in St. Petersburg.

We were actually on the same cruise with you. I met Bonnie several times.

After looking at your pictures I know I saw you and your wife on several occassions - including in St Petersber Thanks for the great review, I never get tired of looking at the pictures of the Baltics.

By the way, we were the first off in St Petersberg. We took a 2 day Red October tour and it was absolutely great.

Your web site is GREAT. I was on Westerdam llast year with a similar itinerary, so I especially enjoyed your adventures/descriptions of people and places. Remind me not to go shopping with you--no telling what you'd be yelling to the crowd.

I may have missed it, but were there continuing antics with the lady who had just retired--or did I miss that somewhere?

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the comments. I'm really taken aback by the interest people have shown.

LOL...no my wife is the only one who I have free reign over to embarrass. Actually, I think she enjoyed the attention though she probably won't admit it.

There were no "continuing antics" to the best of my knowledge. After what appeared to be a rocky start, they all appeared to get on famously and that's admirable considering we all came from very diverse backgrounds.

We were actually on the same cruise with you. I met Bonnie several times.

After looking at your pictures I know I saw you and your wife on several occassions - including in St Petersber Thanks for the great review, I never get tired of looking at the pictures of the Baltics.

By the way, we were the first off in St Petersberg. We took a 2 day Red October tour and it was absolutely great.

Oh yes, I remember your assistance in helping me get involved in a private tour on the roll call board. Thanks again. We're pretty easy to spot I know!

It took us aback when crew on the Rotterdam remembered us from our previous cruise on the Noordam and we had no clue who they were. I would love to read a trip report from you if you ever write one!

How flattering Steve. The irony of it all is that your web page inspired my endeavour in the first place. Your Noordam travelogue was a great read and the best detailed site I'd seen on private tours in St. Petersburg when I first read it last May. I remember how I was touched by your grandmother's eulogy also. Thankfully now I let you know.

cheers, andrew.

Wow that's great to hear. I appreciate that! I'm glad that your site is getting so many well-deserved kudos!

Archived