Samba Grill - Radiance of the Seas

I have never booked a specialty restaurant. I've always taken the approach that I've already paid for the meal and I'm perfectly fine with what I get in the MDR. But I really enjoy the Brazilian dining experience. So I'm really leaning toward trying the Samba Grill one evening on our July cruise.

Any thoughts ... good, bad or indifferent?

I have never booked a specialty restaurant. I've always taken the approach that I've already paid for the meal and I'm perfectly fine with what I get in the MDR. But I really enjoy the Brazilian dining experience. So I'm really leaning toward trying the Samba Grill one evening on our July cruise.

Any thoughts ... good, bad or indifferent?

We bought Chef's Table package the last time we were on the Radiance which included a meal at Samba. It was by far my personal favorite of all the Specialty Restaurants. In fact, I would have been fine with just the appetizer bar - everything was delicious! I really hope it hasn't changed! Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the feedback. I checked with DD and she's all excited ... all I had to say was Brazilian cheese bread ... and memories of the Brazilian restaurant we visited a couple years ago in Vegas took over.

We were at Samba last night (second time this cruise). The meat has been excellent on both occasions.

Chefs Table was a disgrace. Cold food and cheap wine. We have always enjoyed it but not again (on the Radiance anyway). We actually had 17 (all CC members) at our table and not one person had a hot meal and the Chef seemed disinterested when a lady politely mentioned it to him.

Cheers

Di

We were at Samba last night (second time this cruise). The meat has been excellent on both occasions.

Cheers

Di

We have the restaurant booked on our first night. Question if you don't mind... does each meat only come around once or can you sit there and wait for seconds of the ones you like? Do they actually come in the same order or is it random? We've been to other Brazilian steakhouses where it was unlimited and you could pick and choose, and we aren't sure if there's a catch to this one being on a cruise ship ;)

We have the restaurant booked on our first night. Question if you don't mind... does each meat only come around once or can you sit there and wait for seconds of the ones you like? Do they actually come in the same order or is it random? We've been to other Brazilian steakhouses where it was unlimited and you could pick and choose, and we aren't sure if there's a catch to this one being on a cruise ship ;)

If you ask, you can have the meat in whatever order you want. We're not big eaters so we start with the best (filet) and go backwards. The rib and pork were very good too. We had a great experience in Samba on Radiance.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

The meat comes around many times. You have a little light up sign and when you turn it on, they keep coming.

Our men ate so many lamb rib chops I was embarrassed. They also danced with the Samba Girls.

We had such a good time at Sambas and were sad to learn it will not be on Allure when we sail in December.

Thanks, both of you! We will have been up that day since 6am to get on the train to Seward, then the sea life center, then boarding. Only grabbing a light snack sometime during the day so we show up hungry. We are meat lovers :D