Which area in Boston for a hotel?

SAS21

We are sailing a transatlantic in Sept. on Brillance. We arrive in Boston and are wanting to stay a night or two in Boston and see the city.

I need advice on which area of Boston to stay in. We prefer something close to the historical attractions and with some restaurants close by. My father would prefer to taxi and not ride the subway or trains.

Any tour suggestions are also welcomed.

We would like to stay under $300 per night for the hotel.

Thankful for any suggestions

All of the major hotel chains have properties located in the downtown Boston area and it might be a good idea to check to see if any are offering special discounts for the time you are here. Hotel prices in Boston, especially in the Fall when college homecomings fill hotels on weekends and leaf peepers are out in force, can be expensive, but it should still be possible to find something suitable for less than $300 a night. You might check out Priceline to see if you can get a bargain. Financial District, Seaport, Back Bay, and Quincy Market areas are all close to historic sites and offer a wide variety of hotel properties. The public transportation system can get you from the suburbs to downtown in short order and hotel properties there may cost less, as long as your father can overlook his objections. Best Western Quincy Adams is one place where a number of cruisers have stayed and have reported to be quite satisfactory. It is close to the North Quincy MBTA station which will take you directly into downtown Boston relatively cheaply. Good luck and enjoy your brief time in Boston.

That's Sep 18-20, right? How many people? $300 including tax is going to be tough unless you are willing to prepay a Hotwire hotel. I would recommend that you look at the Back Bay Copley area.

Last minute travel has the Hyatt Harborside at the airport for $238 ($270 with tax). This is right at the water taxi. Instead of spending money on a taxi (hotel has a free shuttle) you could spend the money on a water taxi pass instead. A quick ride across the harbor puts you near the Faneuil Hall area. The water taxis will also pick up at the port, but you have to roll your luggage a bit to the end of the pier. A two day pass is $25/pp.

Come to the East Coast Board for a more focused audience.

http://www.johnjeffrieshouse.com/

We stayed here in the Beacon Hill area a few years ago though but were very pleased. I see it has 4.3 Stars on the web page!!

It is an old Nursing Student building I understand and so there is a mini kitchen in the units.

We had a double bed, the room is not big!!

but it was great for what we needed for 2 nights to see Boston after our TA.

They had a continental breakfast in the living room and also some fruit was out in the afternoon. We had coffee and tea available to make for ourselves. The staff was great. Free wifi.

They had baggage storage for us too.

It was voted #1 B&B when we were there. By the water and we could walk the sea wall.

We are sailing a transatlantic in Sept. on Brillance. We arrive in Boston and are wanting to stay a night or two in Boston and see the city.

I need advice on which area of Boston to stay in. We prefer something close to the historical attractions and with some restaurants close by. My father would prefer to taxi and not ride the subway or trains.

Any tour suggestions are also welcomed.

We would like to stay under $300 per night for the hotel.

Thankful for any suggestions

Coming from the Boston area, I would suggest staying near the Faneuil Hall area of the city. That way you are pretty much in the center of the Freedom Trail area. You have all kinds of restaurant's in the area and its pretty active area of the city. Let me know if I can make any further suggestions.

Smitty

Coming from the Boston area, I would suggest staying near the Faneuil Hall area of the city. That way you are pretty much in the center of the Freedom Trail area. You have all kinds of restaurant's in the area and its pretty active area of the city. Let me know if I can make any further suggestions.

Smitty

Agree with Smitty. The Back Bay is not historic. I would suggest Omni Parker House, Nine-Zero, Marriott Long Wharf, or if you want to spend more, the Intercontinental or Boston Harbor Hotel.

Look at the Millenium for your dates. They are having a Flash 40 sale - $290 tax included prepaid for two doubles or a king. This hotel is right at Faneuil hall and will have access to historical sights, the North End, and the harbor.

This is high season. Don't delay in making a decision. Fall is very busy with all the college activities and parents visiting.

That's great! I did the same TA and loved it. If you want to take one of the HOho trolleys around Boston, they all have a major stop at Faneuil Hall. If you like Italian food, you can walk a few blocks to the North End.