Difference in cabin square footage on S or R Class ships

zelker

On either of these class of ships, is there really much difference in square footage between an Oceanview and a Vista Suite stateroom (not counting the verandah square footage of course)? Please don't point me to what the web site says square footage is ... I'm looking for real-world knowledge. ;)

Thanks.

We had a Vista Suite on the Statendam, and it seemed to be smaller than the regular OVs we had on the Ryndam (same class of ship). I think that is mainly because of the way the furniture is set up -- in the OV the bed is under the window, which leaves more empty space at the foot of the bed. In the Vista cabin the bed is set against one of the side walls, with the foot pointing to the desk area, so it seemed like there was less room but probably was very similar in sq footage. I did not measure, that is all just my perception. :)

Key to seeing how large a room is is to compare photos of the rooms and check the number of drawers on the desk/makeup area...also the size of the couch. (See various photos on halfacts.com) Some will show one bank of drawers on the desk..others will show a total of 3. Some "couches" are just overgrown chairs (not even loveseat size) and others are almost 6 foot couches (Hubby can read while laying down on them.) That's how I can more accurately judge various rooms...many differ.