Tipping at luminae

doublin9

Would appreciate your views on tipping at luminae. Assuming you have a different waiter each meal, would you tip at each meal? We generally give our servers at the MDR an envelope of extra gratuity at the end of the week and nightly at the specialty restaurants. Any thoughts?

We were on Reflection for the eastbound TA, and dined in Luminae. We reserved a specific time each evening, and had the same Waiter and Asst. Waiter throughout the cruise. He was wonderful. Service was perfection.

Even though we had paid our gratuities in advance, we did tip extra on the last evening. Nevon our waiter, went out of his way to make sure that all our meals were enjoyable, and really made dining in Luminae a fun experience for us.

We were just in the same situation and weren't sure what to do. I think just about everyone in Luminae looked after us at one point. In the end we gave the maitre d' the extra and she put it in a tip jar to be distributed equally.

We were just in the same situation and weren't sure what to do. I think just about everyone in Luminae looked after us at one point. In the end we gave the maitre d' the extra and she put it in a tip jar to be distributed equally.

That is a great concept . Does anyone know if this is also done in Blu?

That is a great concept . Does anyone know if this is also done in Blu?

I asked the maitre d' in Blu since we had a variety of waiters. He told me they pool the tips there and to just give the extra to my favorite waiter. I would suspect that they will be doing the same thing in Luminae, but can't say for sure. Somebody needs to inquire of the maitre d' in Luminae.

We had the same waiter on almost every night, but the assistants all seemed to help every table. We provided some extra to our waiter as well as the sommlier as he did a lot more than poor wine, plus we brought in 4 or 5 bottles over the 2 weeks of cruises from our cabin and though he deserved more because he was responsible for these as well. I think we bough about 5-6 bottles as well (we shared with other dinner guests).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

On the Summit we were told they would pool the tips so we handed an envelope to the 'Luminae staff' to our waiter on the last night.

It would have been tough to choose just one person to tip as it really was a team effort. From the Host/Maitre'D to the assistant waiters. They all trained together as a team a week before the opening and it really showed. There was great communication amongst all the staff and they all shared many duties during the service of the meal. We had the same staff for breakfast/brunch and dinner so they really got to know you and it was a very personalized experience.

Julie