Just Returned from 2 week Med Cruise on Quest

kathy16

Returned from 2 week Med cruise RT Barcelona on Quest.

Had very nice time. Since I did not do much research pre-trip on shore excursions,(only for our pre and post cruise stays in Barcelona and Rome), we took mostly SB excursions, which were quite expensive, but we enjoyed most of them.

Our cabin was comfortable, and our stewardess excellent.

We enjoyed the food, ate dinner mostly in the main dining room, breakfast in the colonnade, and lunch in the colonnade, if we returned from our excursions, when they were still open- otherwise lunch in the grill. I did make a special request for sea bass for dinner on the last night, but was denied.

We enjoyed our balcony the first week. The 2nd week, we were disturbed by a smoker, and thus did not spend much time out there, unfortunately.... Our cruise was also marketed as 1 week cruise, and although the majority of pax stayed on for the whole 2 weeks, I guess at least 1 smoker embarked on the 2nd week. I complained about that on our midweek comment form. We also went up to the Observation Bar at night, after a show, then walked out immediately, due to the stench of smoke. I really wish SB would do a better job to restrict smoking, so it wouldn't interfere with other passengers enjoyment of the facilities, that everyone should be able to partake.

But all in all- it was a great cruise. We loved the entertainment crew- singers and dancers- too. What a great group of enthusiastic, energetic, wonderful performers!

Your experience with having a smoker in the adjoining suite mar your use of the balcony is a consistent compliant on Seabourn. As is the untenable situation in the Observation Lounge.

I did make a special request for sea bass for dinner on the last night, but was denied.

Really? When did you make that request? If the ship had sea bass onboard I can't see why they would have not made it for you. If you asked for a 2 foot high tower of lobster tail, perhaps, but in every case we've asked for a special meal they have been only-too-delighted to serve it.

The increasing frequency at which it seems people are being bothered by smokers on the balcony next door is starting to give us concern. If all the smokers who like to cruise have now discovered Seaborn, it's going to get worse. We may wait for them to change the policy before rolling the dice again, we've been lucky every time thus far.

We were on the same cruise, Barcelona RT plus the TA prior to that. Fortunately we didn't experience any inconvenience due to smoking,

But, I made sure to list smoking as my number one ( and only actually ) complaint on my just completed online satisfaction survey form. I mentioned the cruise critic smoking thread to one of the officers actually. He smiled and said that they were aware of it.

I want to add that this cruise on the Quest was one of my best ever overall. I love the staff, service, food and ambiance on the ship and the ports were great.

I want to add that this cruise on the Quest was one of my best ever overall. I love the staff, service, food and ambiance on the ship and the ports were great.

Excellent! We are on Quest in June 2016 for Norwegian Fjords.

On our Odyssey cruise, someone near us in the Observation lounge enquired as to the time she might be allowed to smoke. The barman brought over an ash tray and we promptly left. It was about 20.00. We went to dinner on deck 4 and we were followed closely by the smoker. I wonder if someone else had complained, leading to their prompt departure!

On our Odyssey cruise, someone near us in the Observation lounge enquired as to the time she might be allowed to smoke. The barman brought over an ash tray and we promptly left. It was about 20.00. We went to dinner on deck 4 and we were followed closely by the smoker. I wonder if someone else had complained, leading to their prompt departure!

I would think that the smoker had a good puff in the Observation lounge before their dinner at 20.15