Wait listed for YTD?

We are a family of 5 sailing on June 13 aboard the Glory in 2 cabins. We want to have the option of YTD because with three kids, ages 16, 9 and 6, our schedules may be hard to coordinate and get everyone to dinner by 5:45. Our younger kids just won't make it to late seating either... Long days in the sun, etc.

One cabin we have booked was assigned YTD but the other (me and my 9yo) has early dining and is wait listed for YTD.

Will we be able to join my husband and our two other kids for YTD or will they turn us away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the same note, we also have only one FTTF pass because the 2nd cabin was a last minute addition. They won't let us on early for embarkation as a family without two passes will they?

On the same note, we also have only one FTTF pass because the 2nd cabin was a last minute addition. They won't let us on early for embarkation as a family without two passes will they?

I don't believe so, I think you will need to purchase a pass for each cabin.

Good luck getting YTD for the second cabin. Hope you do get it, because I'm guessing there isn't much flexibility if you don't. But maybe someone else can chime in with good advice. Again, good luck!

Are your reservations linked? I have not heard of having cabins that are linked not having the same dining.

Not sure if linked, we have two separate bookings under the same login online, which I thought was weird.

I called Carnival and was told to ask to switch to YTD when we get onboard. Do they ask for cabin numbers when you show up for YTD or do they just ask how many in your party? I'm getting really nervous this is going to keep us from eating together.

Edited by gogomargaux

As far as the FTTF , you do need one for each cabin to board early or for early tendering to Half Moon Cay. For your luggage you can always put FTTF tags from the one cabin on all the luggage to get them to your cabin earlier. One parent can always board early or wait for regular boarding to all board together. We were in a similar situation for this exact same cruise, but luckily we obtained another FTTF for our daughters cabin within the last 2 weeks. Hopefully they will release some more prior to sailing. I would think the dining would be more flexible, make sure your cabins are linked first and then first day go to dining room and check into it. Good Luck on both issues. Can't wait for June 13th. :D

We were waitlisted for YTD on our cruise in January and did not get it. We did not go to see the MaitreD because it was not that important to us. I would call your PVP a and link bookings now and then go see the MaitreD on the first day at the time posted in the Fun Times. I can not imagine they would make a family eat at different times. You might also post your problem on John Heald's (Carnival Brand Ambassador) Facebook page to see if he might be able to help. Platinum and FTTF people go to the top of the waitlist for dining times. Diamond are guaranteed their dining choice. Good Luck and have a great cruise!

We had 3 cabins linked and one had ytd confirmed, other two wait listed and when we got on board we were all late dining. We went down and asked to be switched and they were able to accommodate us starting the second night.

As far as fttf goes, both times I have seen it in action it has boarded maybe 10-15 minutes before our regular not so great zones, 7 and 12 I believe we had. So I would just wait as a group.

Edited by Jenn24101

We are a family of 5 sailing on June 13 aboard the Glory in 2 cabins. We want to have the option of YTD because with three kids, ages 16, 9 and 6, our schedules may be hard to coordinate and get everyone to dinner by 5:45. Our younger kids just won't make it to late seating either... Long days in the sun, etc.

One cabin we have booked was assigned YTD but the other (me and my 9yo) has early dining and is wait listed for YTD.

Will we be able to join my husband and our two other kids for YTD or will they turn us away?

This exact thing happened to us on the Liberty last year. My husband & kids were confirmed for early and myself & other children in the second cabin were waitlisted. I assume your cabins are linked? if not, make sure they are. Carnival told us not to worry, we would be together and we were, though we didn't get confirmation until check in at the pier. I can never imagine they would split your family up.