Getaway April 18-25 Review with Photos

Overall, this was a relaxing vacation on a beautiful new ship. I would definitely recommend the getaway and would not hesitate to book it again if the ports were something that we were interested in seeing.

I think the only thing we would do different would be waiting until we are onboard to decide when to eat dinner just so that we have more flexibility.

FREESTYLE DAILIES

If anyone is in need of the current freestyle dailies send me your email address. I plan on putting them all in a pdf tomorrow so they will be ready to be sent.

QUESTIONS

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I will do my best to answer them.

I would love the dailies as well! Thanks, in advance for taking the time to send them! anet01@aol.com

Michelle ok I read everything.

Please tell me were you happy you reserved your dinners in advance or could you have just popped in at the specialty restaurants without a reservation and gone to eat each evening. Did you feel pressured to reserve all your dining restaurants beforehand?

I would say that for the dinners that we definitely wanted to try for the first time I am very glad that we made reservations. Also, you have no idea how many of the guests booking the ship also took the dining perk so the places you really want to go may already be full at the time you want.

We are early eaters so the restaurants were always quiet up until we were leaving at 7:00 pm or 7:30 pm. After that, they were very busy. If you are this time frame then I would book ahead.

Teppanyaki was sold out on the night we went and I have read that generally this one does sell out since it has limited seating.

La Cucina was not very busy anytime but Le Bistro was always busy. Cagney's and Moderno got very busy around 7 pm.

Honestly, it is what is comfortable for you. I love freestyle because you eat when you want and that is what we did with our reservation times. If you want to just wing your day once on the ship then feel free to do it that way:D.

Have a great time!!

Michelle

Michelle,

Love the name, great review!

We love the idea of freestyle but we got the UDP for "free", I've booked our restaurants but thinking of changing them. We'd prefer not to be tied to reservations, but going in JulyIi feel we couldnt just walk up and wait. Might change it to free gratuity for two.....

Would you please send me the dailies too, micday3@gmail.com

Thank you,

Michelle

Great review. Do you recall how many people can sit at the Teppanyaki tables? I hear varying reports. Thanks in advance. :)

We had 6 other guests at our table (so 8 total). The one across from us had the same number.

Hope that helps!

Michelle

Just want to say thanks for the review. Will be taking my granddaughter for graduation present on the 23rd. Mother, daughter, granddaughter and friend. The more we know before we go, the more we can plan our times. We will have free time and family time so would be great to plan ahead.

Thanks for your time. kmp585@aol.com

Kathryn

Good job on the review, Disappointing about La Cucina though, it was one of the better places when we sailed on the Dawn but that was a different ship and some years ago.

Agree about teppenyaki a lot of food!