Getaway April 18-25 Review with Photos

• 2 weeks later...
Overall, this was a relaxing vacation on a beautiful new ship. I would definitely recommend the getaway and would not hesitate to book it again if the ports were something that we were interested in seeing.

I think the only thing we would do different would be waiting until we are onboard to decide when to eat dinner just so that we have more flexibility.

FREESTYLE DAILIES

If anyone is in need of the current freestyle dailies send me your email address. I plan on putting them all in a pdf tomorrow so they will be ready to be sent.

QUESTIONS

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I will do my best to answer them.

Hi , great review. Thank you very much for taking the time to post.

I would certainly love to see the Dailies so I can attempt to book our restaurants and shows.

Not sure what the etiquette is for putting personal email addresses on here? Does everyone just put emails on this part of the site?

Many thanks

Rachel

Hi , great review. Thank you very much for taking the time to post.

I would certainly love to see the Dailies so I can attempt to book our restaurants and shows.

Not sure what the etiquette is for putting personal email addresses on here? Does everyone just put emails on this part of the site?

Many thanks

Rachel

Sorry , can now see others are putting addresses here.

Maxcon@aol.com

Appreciate your time.

Great review.

My cruising experience is very limited.

Roll calls, I get they are meet and greets. Any more info would be great. I'm going with family of 5 and a friends family of 4. Not sure if I should suggest we attend.

Thanks.

Great review.

My cruising experience is very limited.

Roll calls, I get they are meet and greets. Any more info would be great. I'm going with family of 5 and a friends family of 4. Not sure if I should suggest we attend.

Thanks.

Sure...so there are quite a few things that can happen on a roll call.

The roll call is a forum where cruisers get to know each other, plan separate excursions, and also setup events where they can meet in person.

For the PC cruise that we were originally booked on I was coordinating the meet & greet, slot pull, gift exchange, cabin crawl, and sail away party. I made all of the attendees personalized invitations which sadly had to be thrown away :(. I have to say that the group on our PC roll call were amazing and I was so glad to have 6 of them on this trip. We had a blast together and I can't imagine what it would have been like to have all 89 of us together cruising the canal;). In fact, I correspond with quite a few of them and we have never even met--maybe one day on another cruise.

Since we jumped on this ship so late in the game the meet & greet was already setup by another member, my mother offered to plan the gift exchange, and another gentleman had the slot pull. No one was interested in the cabin crawl.

The meet & greet is a great way to meet your fellow roll call members but also spend time with the officers. Sometimes you will get a invitation for a bridge tour (didn't happen on this trip) and the officers will send treats to your cabin (happened twice on this trip). It was also nice to see friendly faces that you knew throughout the trip.

Definitely worth it to go. However, if you say you are going please go even if its just for a few minutes. It can be embarrassing for the coordinator if only a handful of people show up when they plan on a crowd.

Not sure if you want information on the other activities so just let me know if you do and i can send that over.

Michelle

• 3 weeks later...