Return from Getaway 25 Apr - 2 May

Snipedog

Well sad to say that I am back home from a fabulous trip on the Getaway. This was the second time that I have sailed on this ship and it kept getting better on this trip.

Positives

First of all I have to say that the cruise director Joel Sanchez a.k.a "Jersey Boy"had to be the best cruise director that I have had on a cruise line. He is right up there next to Simon Murry. His energy was non stop and he was always the life of the party. He will make your next cruise on the Getaway outstanding and make sure u go and see the farewell show and watch his dance number it was so funny along with his top ten list.

For this cruise I was staying in cabin 11906 on the aft starboard side of the ship it was a great view and with only one balcony next to u it was great for sitting out side for some quite time. Are cabin stweard Dennis was always there when you needed something and the room was always done early enough if you wanted to turn in early after a long day of cruise fun.

On board the show that we saw was the Welcome Abaord show and I would highly recommend it for people who are first timers to the Getaway it gives a great variety of all the shows that are on board. Legally Blonde was a great show and you will need to make sure that you have reservations in place before getting on board as they are highly popular.

While I was on board I also did a lot of scheduled activities listed in the dailies fro. Deal or no deal to bingo and the art auctions. If you get a chance take some time to do some of the little things they offer such as the trivia contests or the watching a movie in the atrium it was nice to relax for a few minutes between running from activity to activity.

Negatives

There are very few negatives that I have to say about my trip but the few there are have to deal with the pricing of things now. The first is the room services convince fee. While it was listed originally on the website that on the Getaway it was going to be $4.95 it turned out to be $7.95. While they did offer a very small selection of things like a pot of coffee for free the use of this convince few was a real negative as it really increased thby lines and amount of individuals in the Buffett.

For now that is all I have to report on but if people have any particular questions just ask and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Enjoy your future trip on the Getaway.

They bingo was quite expensive it was between $35 to $100 depending on the number of cards you want. They play three games per event the. First is basic Bingo were u need a line to win, the next game all u needed was the corners to win (very fast game), the final fame u needed a whole card to win and if u got a whole card in 47 or less balls you won the jackpot which was around $3000.

Did you try breakfast at O'Sheehans? I've read there is a breakfast buffet there. Thanks for sharing your experience!

There is no buffet at O'Sheehans. It is a sit-down menu... and quite good actually.

You can make your show reservations once you are within your 45 day window when you go to your profile on NCL.com just pick the day you want you see a show and reserve it. When you go through the check out it will I'd the complimentary shows as free and any paid shows you will have to pay for before it will process your reservation.

Thanks for sharing. I was very close to booking Getaway for June today, but realize I need to research their extra fees a bit more. At the price I will have to pay for the cruise, I do not want to have to pay for room service and extras that would be free on other cruiselines. Are there other items on the room service menu (besides continental breakfast) that are free during the day? We used to get the chips and artichoke dip from the room service menu. Do you know if that also incurs the convenience fee?

Also, do they charge for activities in the sports zone?

Thanks for any input :) It has been a while since we cruised NCL...

PS: It is disappointing that the website does not make extra fees clear...

Edited by APDMOM

• 5 months later...