Grand Tour - Thenford Grey Tours or Royston Tour

a1836

I can offer some info about Royston's tour. It depends on what you're looking for. Royston's tour is a bit rough-and-tumble, in an older van with the windows popped out. It was a blast! Let us know if you have specific questions or concerns.

Looking at other threads on this board, you will find fans of both tour operators.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

We did Thenford Grey in April, and throughly enjoyed it. His van holds about 20, it is clean and comfortable. He talks with an amplifier which makes it so easy to hear and understand, his English was very clear and good. Someone on a TripAdvisor review referred to this as taking a tour with your favorite professor and that is so true. He has a great dry wit and a lot of knowledge. If you have additional questions he was always willing to answer them. I would highly recommend him.

Royston is amazing. Make sure you go in his open air van with him though. Our tour only had 6 people and it was so much nicer than other tours with 15+ people. His van is smaller than other tour buses which allows him access to roads and viewpoints that other tours can't get to.

We booked Thenford Grey for our first visit to St. Kitts. He provided a great overview of the island and he is a true gentleman. He also speaks perfectly clear English. I highly recommend him.

I was not aware that Royston has open air vans. That might have swayed me as I prefer open air vehicles.

Does Royston's tour include time at the beach?

The typical tour includes some beach time (around an hour) after lunch, which is eaten at a beach shack. St. Kitt's beaches aren't the best feature of the island, but I did do a little swimming and snorkeling while we were there, with equipment provided by Royston. He also had chairs, umbrellas, etc.

If you wanted more beach time, you could probably ask (assuming the group agrees), and he would customize the tour.