Independence dinning discount?

I am wondering if anyone tried or is familiar with the dinning package on Independence? If you book three specialty restaurants they give you 30% back in room credit. I was wondering if it had to be three different restaurants or if you can do the same one twice? I was going to call Royal but my bet is they won't know. Any help would be great.

I am wondering if anyone tried or is familiar with the dinning package on Independence? If you book three specialty restaurants they give you 30% back in room credit. I was wondering if it had to be three different restaurants or if you can do the same one twice? I was going to call Royal but my bet is they won't know. Any help would be great.

You can book the same restaurant multiple times and still get the discount.

I knew Bob would have the answer, ty. So you get 30% of both peoples total as a room credit, is that correct? Bob, have you tried this deal?

I thought you only get 20% off when you book 3. Of course things change but for us it was 20% for 3, 25% for 4, and 30% for 5 bookings.

Last cruise we ate in specialty restaurants 5 times.

We booked 3 specialty restaurants before the cruise and paid for 2. (the 3rd was Izumi which has no fixed price). We made the reservations for the other 2 while we were onboard.

For the ones we already paid for beforehand they gave us a credit to our shipboard account on one of them and knocked it off the bill on the 2nd one. For the ones we booked onboard and Izumi they took the discount right off the bill and then charged that amount to our shipboard account.

Yes, it is off both people's meals. Same account in our case.

So for example, I went to Chops for the second time and the charge would have been $30 for me and $30 for the wife for a total of $60. I also paid the $21 and got the upcharge steak so now it is $81 total. They take the 30% off the bill so $56.70 gets charged to my onboard account.

Hope this helps. :)

I thought you only get 20% off when you book 3. Of course things change but for us it was 20% for 3, 25% for 4, and 30% for 5 bookings.

I think that's still the deal - it's advertised as "up to" 30%. Unless there is some special deal on the Independence, it would be 20% for three bookings.

I thought you only get 20% off when you book 3. ...

You are correct, and I missed that part in the OP's initial post. Sorry for the misinformation.