Adventure - Apr 19-26, 2015. Loved it!!!

Pre-Cruise - flew to San Juan on April 16th and spent 3 glorious days in Mayaguez with our friend. Absolutely loved it there.

On the 19th, we boarded Adventure. This was our 75th cruise and our 68th on Royal Caribbean. We have been on Voyager and Explorer but this was our first time on Adventure. We have cruised many times our of San Juan. By far our favorite place to cruise from. We love the Southern Caribbean. Very port intensive which is what we love. Spent all our time on our favorite beaches.

Just a brief review of all the things:

Ship - gorgeous. So pretty. Very clean and well maintained. Loved the new Diamond Lounge. We never went to the CL. the DL is so much nicer with the great views. The Concierge in the DL (Ryno Strapp) was one of the best we have ever had. Instead of sitting at his desk all week and not talking to us until the last night when they want tips, he talked to every table at least 5-10 minutes each and every night. What a great guy. Enjoyed talking to him. Staff were so friendly - always a good morning or hi. Service was fantastic. We were very pleased to see great service at the pool. On Enchantment in Feb you could not find a pool server to save you life. On Adventure, they were all over the place. Never had to hunt one down so Adventure gets major kudos for that. We had a Deck 8 hump balcony and loved it. Have the same cabin on Adventure again next year.

Food - a subjective topic for me as I am not a foodie at all. But my husband thought the food was excellent. We ate 3 nights in the MTD, 1 night in Johnny Rockets, and 2 nights in the buffet. all were excellent. Buffet the final night in the Island Oasis was amazing - stir fry, seafood, chicken. So many choices!! Only complaint from hubby is that he did not think the lobster was that great. Everything else was wonderful.

Shows - probably some of the best we have seen on Royal (other than Oasis/Allure). Went both times to the Ice Show it was so good. First night comedian was so funny (and I don't like comedians). Vegas style show was awesome, so colorful and the singers/dancers were very good. They had a group of 5 guys one night that made their own music. Called REVOICED. OMG they were fantastic!!! Loved them, so talented. Then they had another production show with some latin American dance champions that were so good. Only night we did not like was the last night when they had a mime

Ports of Call - we are beach people so don't do excursions. We have our favorite beaches on each island and that is where we spent our days.

Loved everything about the ship, shows, staff, service, etc. Cannot wait to go on Adventure again next year.

I will try to answer questions if anyone has any.

I'd like to hear what your favorite beaches are and how far they are from the port areas. We are going to St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia, and Antigua. We know where to go in St. Maarten :). Thanks!

Same here. I did this itinerary on Jewel OTS last May and doing it on Adventure OTS July 2016. I'm looking for best beaches on these islands.

In St Kitts, I loved Carambola Beach Club and plan to book that again. It is near the Shipwreck Bar/ a short walk from it anyway.

Here is a pic from Carambola Beach Club in St Kitts:

9u0spc.jpg

and the water was smooth and comfortable

2gtd6x5.jpg

In Antigua we spent the day at Coconut Beach Club and it was fantastic but I heard they are closing it down and demolishing it to build a big hotel there so that makes me very sad. I need a back up plan for that island. I did a snorkeling excursion in Barbados and will likely do something like that again. Others were land tours and I would rather do beaches this time.

This was Coconut Beach Club:

14mbdsj.jpg

Also included use of the pool, drinks and lunch:

9s3zfr.jpg

1r5d37.jpg

So very happy to hear this!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. You are not the first person that gave positive praise to Revoiced. We embark on Adventure this coming Saturday and I hope they are still performing!

Thank you for your review!

I'd like to hear what your favorite beaches are and how far they are from the port areas. We are going to St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia, and Antigua. We know where to go in St. Maarten :). Thanks!

St Kitts not our favorite place. None of the beaches IMO are all that great.

Barbados - Accra Beach

St Lucia - Reduit beach at Spinakers. Don't let them drop you at the Rex. Area by Spinakers is way better.

Antigua - Dickenson Bay at Tony's Beach Bar

I refuse to pay for Clubs!! We go to public beaches where we don't have to pay fees to sit there. The beaches we go to you just rent chairs/umbrellas. Way cheaper than paying fees to get into resorts. But that is just us, we don't want to pay a ton of money to go to a great beach.

Carambola Beach Club wasn't pricey at all. It wasn't an all inclusive. I think it was $30 for us total. $10 for each chair and umbrella. 1 umbrella plus 2 chairs = $30. We had to pay for food & drinks on top of that which were pricey but pretty good food.

Do you have any photos of the hump balcony? We are booked for the same dates next year in stateroom 8624. Our group has most of the hump booked. Just wondering what the difference is. I had always heard they were good rooms so I booked just based on that.

Do you have any photos of the hump balcony? We are booked for the same dates next year in stateroom 8624. Our group has most of the hump booked. Just wondering what the difference is. I had always heard they were good rooms so I booked just based on that.

On Adventure, the hump balconies are the same size as the other side-facing balconies in the same category.

The cabins themselves are about the same. What is nice about the humps is that they "bow" out from the ship so you have a fantastic view both forwards and back. I don't really have any pictures to show you, but they are great cabins. We love being in the middle of the ship so easy access to everything.

Pre-Cruise - flew to San Juan on April 16th and spent 3 glorious days in Mayaguez with our friend. Absolutely loved it there.

On the 19th, we boarded Adventure. This was our 75th cruise and our 68th on Royal Caribbean. We have been on Voyager and Explorer but this was our first time on Adventure. We have cruised many times our of San Juan. By far our favorite place to cruise from. We love the Southern Caribbean. Very port intensive which is what we love. Spent all our time on our favorite beaches.

Just a brief review of all the things:

Ship - gorgeous. So pretty. Very clean and well maintained. Loved the new Diamond Lounge. We never went to the CL. the DL is so much nicer with the great views. The Concierge in the DL (Ryno Strapp) was one of the best we have ever had. Instead of sitting at his desk all week and not talking to us until the last night when they want tips, he talked to every table at least 5-10 minutes each and every night. What a great guy. Enjoyed talking to him. Staff were so friendly - always a good morning or hi. Service was fantastic. We were very pleased to see great service at the pool. On Enchantment in Feb you could not find a pool server to save you life. On Adventure, they were all over the place. Never had to hunt one down so Adventure gets major kudos for that. We had a Deck 8 hump balcony and loved it. Have the same cabin on Adventure again next year.

Food - a subjective topic for me as I am not a foodie at all. But my husband thought the food was excellent. We ate 3 nights in the MTD, 1 night in Johnny Rockets, and 2 nights in the buffet. all were excellent. Buffet the final night in the Island Oasis was amazing - stir fry, seafood, chicken. So many choices!! Only complaint from hubby is that he did not think the lobster was that great. Everything else was wonderful.

Shows - probably some of the best we have seen on Royal (other than Oasis/Allure). Went both times to the Ice Show it was so good. First night comedian was so funny (and I don't like comedians). Vegas style show was awesome, so colorful and the singers/dancers were very good. They had a group of 5 guys one night that made their own music. Called REVOICED. OMG they were fantastic!!! Loved them, so talented. Then they had another production show with some latin American dance champions that were so good. Only night we did not like was the last night when they had a mime

Ports of Call - we are beach people so don't do excursions. We have our favorite beaches on each island and that is where we spent our days.

Loved everything about the ship, shows, staff, service, etc. Cannot wait to go on Adventure again next year.

I will try to answer questions if anyone has any.

Thank you for your review. We are excited to be sailing the Adventure next year.

Same here. I did this itinerary on Jewel OTS last May and doing it on Adventure OTS July 2016. I'm looking for best beaches on these islands.

In St Kitts, I loved Carambola Beach Club and plan to book that again. It is near the Shipwreck Bar/ a short walk from it anyway.

Here is a pic from Carambola Beach Club in St Kitts:

9u0spc.jpg

and the water was smooth and comfortable

2gtd6x5.jpg

In Antigua we spent the day at Coconut Beach Club and it was fantastic but I heard they are closing it down and demolishing it to build a big hotel there so that makes me very sad. I need a back up plan for that island. I did a snorkeling excursion in Barbados and will likely do something like that again. Others were land tours and I would rather do beaches this time.

This was Coconut Beach Club:

14mbdsj.jpg

Also included use of the pool, drinks and lunch:

9s3zfr.jpg

1r5d37.jpg

Thank you for sharing this info. We visited St. Kitts in 2013 and hungout at the Shipwreck at the driver's suggestion. We had a good time at the Shipwreck bar, however a group of us walked down to the beach about 1/2 mile away and thought the beach was stunning. Never got the name of it . . . until now!! :D

Edited by Hawaii697