Kids Program

aeegee

We will be travelling with GK that are 7 and 13. Can anyone give me some info on the kids program. There is very little on the Celebrity web site. If anyone has a kids program daily to show that would be great.

Since we don't know when/where you sign the kids up, that info would be helpful. I've read that it's important to sign them up on the first day and that the kids should go to the first day activities because they meet the other kids that will be on the cruise with them.

Also, can anyone tell me about what the kids have for id's or sea passes and how well they are supervised in the teen program?

Please forgive me if this info is on a thread and I've missed it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Another question on the kids club. Has anyone had any issues or problems regarding placing a child in the club who has food allergies? We were told they will not accept an epipen, nor are they able to administer one should an event occur.

Another question on the kids club. Has anyone had any issues or problems regarding placing a child in the club who has food allergies? We were told they will not accept an epipen, nor are they able to administer one should an event occur.

What???! They won't take an epipen??? Seriously?! Ugh!

We have a trip booked for Aug. We called to check, but was told they will not hold the epipen at the club. Never had this problem with DCL. They had several epipen in the drawer at the oceaneer club. Looks like our little one will be spending a lot of time with us!

We will be travelling with GK that are 7 and 13. Can anyone give me some info on the kids program. There is very little on the Celebrity web site. If anyone has a kids program daily to show that would be great.

Since we don't know when/where you sign the kids up, that info would be helpful. I've read that it's important to sign them up on the first day and that the kids should go to the first day activities because they meet the other kids that will be on the cruise with them.

Also, can anyone tell me about what the kids have for id's or sea passes and how well they are supervised in the teen program?

Please forgive me if this info is on a thread and I've missed it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

All kids get their own sea pass card same as yours.It is up to you if you want to set them up with any charging privileges. There will be a table set up right when you get on the ship with Fun Factory staff. All children, 12 and under I believe, will get a wrist band with their muster station on it so they know where to bring the child in case of emergency. They will also have schedules of activities. You can go to the Fun Factory during "open house" time after to sign up/ fill out paper work. They ask for some basic info about allergies, who is allowed to sign child in/out etc. You set up a password. Its all very organized and well done in my opinion.

I posted pdf files of the Fun Factory Daily schedules in February if you're interested in seeing the type of activities/ hours there. There are several of each age group. Just type in "Fun Factory Dailies-Reflection" in the search box.

Hope that helps.:)

The have hand sanitizer stations throughout the cruise ship. There is one on the summit at the fun factory entrance as I am sure it is on other ships too.

My daughter was 6 last cruise and loved the fun factory. If it was her choice, she would have stayed all day and night on sea days. She will be 8, when we return to the summit this summer and cannot wait for the kids club!

What type of "basic info about allergies" questions do they ask? Also, do they have hand washing stations at the entrance to the kids club? (A good idea for everyone!)

If I remember correctly the form had a question about "any food allergies?"

Probably because they sometimes take the children to the Ocean View Cafe for ice cream or snacks.

They do have hand sanitizer but when a child "checks in" they have them wash their hands with soap and water.

What???! They won't take an epipen??? Seriously?! Ugh!

What type of "basic info about allergies" questions do they ask? Also, do they have hand washing stations at the entrance to the kids club? (A good idea for everyone!)

They most CERTAINLY do take epipens. I know this first hand. They keep them on a shelf (?) behind the check-in desk. When they take the kids for ice cream, the epi-pens go with them. My son has nut allergies. They asked me for guidance on day 1. I told them no "scooped" ice cream, but I was okay with him having soft-serve and no toppings, and they were fine with this. That is all they gave them.

My kids eat all their meals with us. I can tell you that X is AWESOME for taking care of kids with allergies whether in the MDR or the BUFFET! My son absolutely loves Celebrity. It's the only cruise line that has EVER told him "better not to eat that, just in case".

In the MDR, each night, you will order your meal for the next night, so it is prepared in an environment suitable to your allergies. If on Reflection - Request ART as your server. He's in the select dining area.

The kids wash their hands as soon as they get to the kid's club - with soap and water. No fancy hand-washing machines like on Disney.

For many reasons, but most definitely for how they handle children with allergies, my future cruising business is with Celebrity.

Any questions - let me know.

I can't remember the op's specific question - but my kids were 7/8 when we sailed in November and they loved the Fun Factory. There were not a lot of kids on board, but they had a great time.

Thanks (Queen of Oakville).

We have not sailed with X yet. I was going by what we were told when we called Celebrity directly. Possibly the person we spoke to was not aware. With what you said, sounds like they know what they are doing.

We also do not let our DD eat with anyone except us. We've done the pre-ordering of the meals before. We know that communication with the Waiter and head waiter is imperative. Thanks for the name of the server, but we'll be on the Summit.

We are going on our 5th Celebrity cruise at the end of the month with DS 13. He has been going to Fun Factory / X club since he was 7 and loved it then and still enjoys it now. They do a good job of gearing activities to the various age groups. Last year he was with the teens and they learned some DJ stuff and made imovies.

Your GK will be in different groups and the older one will be able to either sign in/out his/herself.

Let me know if you have specific questions.