Solstice dry dock October 2016?

Eloise4Ever

I am looking at booking Solstice in October 2016, either Sydney to Singapore or Singapore to Sydney. There is a 9 night gap in the sailing schedule from Oct 22nd to 31st so I'm curious to know what might be happening then. Anyone know if Solstice has been chartered or if it will be in dry dock at that time?

Thanks,

Eloise

I am looking at booking Solstice in October 2016, either Sydney to Singapore or Singapore to Sydney. There is a 9 night gap in the sailing schedule from Oct 22nd to 31st so I'm curious to know what might be happening then. Anyone know if Solstice has been chartered or if it will be in dry dock at that time?

Thanks,

Eloise

Her first dry dock/refurb! The 2 cruises to/from Singapore have been deemed repositioning cruises (no perks offered [emoji20]). We are booked to bring her home to Oz on the 31Oct sailing !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple of nice itineraries even though no perks, what to do..:confused:

Lol, was just putting it out there as quite a few friends changed over to this trip due a cancelled sailing on Millenium and 'lost' their perks on doing so, as not clear it's a repo.

We've been well trained to like (and expect!) our perks [emoji4][emoji33]

Lol, was just putting it out there as quite a few friends changed over to this trip due a cancelled sailing on Millenium and 'lost' their perks on doing so, as not clear it's a repo.

Yes, apart from the convenience it also saves me a bit of money.:D

Yes, apart from the convenience it also saves me a bit of money.:D

Yes sure does!! We paid for the drink plg on our hawaii cruise last year. -7 nights....you can do the math..ouch [emoji484][emoji383][emoji484][emoji383]

Was awesome having it included in our recent Sth Pacific cruise, really felt it was good value for us, even our kids got classic non alcoholic pkgs included. Was pretty much an all inclusive trip!! [emoji38]

Yes sure does!! We paid for the drink plg on our hawaii cruise last year. -7 nights....you can do the math..ouch [emoji484][emoji383][emoji484][emoji383]

Was awesome having it included in our recent Sth Pacific cruise, really felt it was good value for us, even our kids got classic non alcoholic pkgs included. Was pretty much an all inclusive trip!! [emoji38]

Nice job.:D

Thanks,

Eloise

We're booked on the first one from Syd to Singapore. We LOVED the drinks package on our Aus-NZ Solstice cruise last November but couldn't pass up this unique itinerary, despite having to pay for our drinks.

Her first dry dock/refurb! The 2 cruises to/from Singapore have been deemed repositioning cruises (no perks offered [emoji20]). We are booked to bring her home to Oz on the 31Oct sailing !

Thanks for the information. We went ahead and booked the sailing departing Singapore on 31/10/16 while we were onboard Equinox last week. We are looking forward to sailing on Solstice after the refurb and will be interested to hear what work they might be carrying out during the dry dock.

As an aside, we got the drinks package included when we booked onboard.

Edited by Eloise4Ever
Fixed mistake

Thanks for the information. We went ahead and booked the sailing departing Sydney on 31/10/16 while we were onboard Equinox last week. We are looking forward to sailing on Solstice after the refurb and will be interested to hear what work they might be carrying out during the dry dock.

Thats great you got the bevvy pkg included!! And so jealous you're just off Equinox!! [emoji5]️. I do assume you mean departing Singapore above?!

By the way there is already a roll call for this cruise, so pop over and sign up [emoji38]

Edited by QE2_Fan

Thats great you got the bevvy pkg included!! And so jealous you're just off Equinox!! [emoji5]️. I do assume you mean departing Singapore above?!

Thanks so much for pointing out my mistake, we are indeed sailing from Singapore. Hope to meet you onboard :). I will definitely sign up to the roll call, we met some great people through our Equinox roll call.

Edited by Eloise4Ever

Thanks for the information. We went ahead and booked the sailing departing Singapore on 31/10/16 while we were onboard Equinox last week. We are looking forward to sailing on Solstice after the refurb and will be interested to hear what work they might be carrying out during the dry dock.

So if that cruise is classed as Repositioning and you received the drinks package for booking onboard is it reasonable to hope that if we book the Solstice cruise coming back to Sydney from Hawaii in Sept 16 WHILE we are onboard for our South Pacific cruise (March 16) we might possibly be able to get the drinks package as well? I wonder if we could be so lucky.:D

So if that cruise is classed as Repositioning and you received the drinks package for booking onboard is it reasonable to hope that if we book the Solstice cruise coming back to Sydney from Hawaii in Sept 16 WHILE we are onboard for our South Pacific cruise (March 16) we might possibly be able to get the drinks package as well? I wonder if we could be so lucky.:D

On our recent sailing a choice of one offer from 123Go was available when booking a repositioning cruise, but NOT for transatlantic or transpacific sailings. Impossible to say what perks Celebrity will be offering for booking onboard in 10 months time but hopefully you'll get lucky.

On our recent sailing a choice of one offer from 123Go was available when booking a repositioning cruise, but NOT for transatlantic or transpacific sailings. Impossible to say what perks Celebrity will be offering for booking onboard in 10 months time but hopefully you'll get lucky.

I believe this is consistent for all on board bookings where repositions offer one perk. Not sure you can typically get even this much if not onboard...

Fingers crossed but I don't like the chances of your luck holding out!! Start saving now to purchase the drink package, and if you do get the pot of luck at the end of the rainbow, hey more money for shopping in Hawaii [emoji38][emoji383][emoji484][emoji383]

• 2 weeks later...
Fingers crossed but I don't like the chances of your luck holding out!! Start saving now to purchase the drink package, and if you do get the pot of luck at the end of the rainbow, hey more money for shopping in Hawaii [emoji38][emoji383][emoji484][emoji383]

We cruised home from Hawaii Sept 2014 on Radiance of the Seas (RCI) and paid for the drinks package when we boarded and would more than likely do so again if we cruise home next time with Celebrity.

Funnily enough I am not really into shopping, there are much more fun things to do in Hawaii for me.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a decent cabin as late as March and we can get one of the perks, preferably the drinks package. We have it for our March cruise and are considering upgrading to the Premium from Classic. :)

• 2 months later...
I just transferred an on-board booking to this cruise today and was given my perks that I booked for another date. Got both Bev and OBC.

Nice one :) I'd hate to be the only one on board with a drinks package ;). I must stop lurking on the roll call and actually sign up one of these days!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We had originally booked on the Millenium for a Singapore to Singapore cruise but found this deal too good to pass up. We received Balcony upgrade, Drinks Pkg & On board credit?

We had originally booked on the Millenium for a Singapore to Singapore cruise but found this deal too good to pass up. We received Balcony upgrade, Drinks Pkg & On board credit?

That's a great deal indeed! Did you get that during their local 'snap' sale...we mentioned it to a few friends who found it worthwhile to cancel and rebook with all the extra perks!

Now have we still not heard any whispers of what's going on on dry dock??! [emoji848]

• 5 months later...

I dont know if this is the very last thread on this topic.

But I read that the Solstice will also swap Bistro on 5 for Sushi and get a big outdoor TV screen.

Any other information on the drydock next month?

I hope X introduces the new menus in Blu aswell as the new Internet technology.