VIFP is Driving Me Crazy!!

I will be taking my 9th Carnival cruise next month and am at the Gold Level. (I have those pins and past S&S cards to prove it) Joined VIFP as soon as it was available. My last cruise in June 2014 showed everything being there. Now when I look it shows me as a VIFP member with a number but it says I haven't taken any cruises and have no points. Has anyone else had this same problem and how did you resolve it?

I will be taking my 9th Carnival cruise next month and am at the Gold Level. (I have those pins and past S&S cards to prove it) Joined VIFP as soon as it was available. My last cruise in June 2014 showed everything being there. Now when I look it shows me as a VIFP member with a number but it says I haven't taken any cruises and have no points. Has anyone else had this same problem and how did you resolve it?

Welcome to the NEW Gold Level.

But don't complain. We wouldn't want to anger Platinums and Diamonds.

Edited by EMBFlyer

I had a similar issue - my husband and I have always sailed together and of course we have the same amount of cruising "days", but for some reason I was Gold and he was Blue. I contacted Carnival via their website (at the bottom where is says "contact us") and explained the issue. I actually sent a PDF file of my "Gold" S&S cards from our Breeze trip last May explaining this was updated at Guest Services. Within 24 hours I received a response saying my issue was corrected and now my DH is "Gold". Hope this helps. :)

At least you were there. Our cruise in Jan DS was issued a red card and he is gold. He went to guest services with DH. They actually told them that DS wasn't in true computer at all and wasn't on the ship :eek: Kinda odd considering he was standing right in front of them. Finally after the first sea day they issued him the correct card

I wouldn't worry about it. All you're missing out on is a bottle of water and a coupon!:D

Just kidding, call Carnival and they will help you fix it. I had a couple of cruises missing at one time and got it fixed pretty easily

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Happened to me as well on the website - I emailed Carnival with the dates of all my cruises and turns out, the website had just assigned a number for me and they were able to take information provided and find out my correct VIFP number and assign it to my account... They will fix it for you. Just log on to the website and choose "contact us" and explain.

Yup, happened to me last week - noticed that my online number did not match my VIFP number on my booking. Even though I only had one cruise before, I still wanted it to show up!

I had that problem. I called a bunch, e-mailed a bunch, got nowhere. Many months later after I gave up and booked and sailed other lines while waiting, it finally got updated and then I booked the Breeze.

FOLKS... Yes, the VIFP program changed... can we move on and stop creating new threads about how angry everyone is that they are missing 3 free drinks????

It would be best to read the OPs post before your response. That is not what the OP started the thread for. It was created to find a resolution to their problem.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

FOLKS... Yes, the VIFP program changed... can we move on and stop creating new threads about how angry everyone is that they are missing 3 free drinks????

It seems that the OPs situation is not related to the benies they get for being gold, but rather that Carnival is not seeing them as gold. That is a valid issue. Though I am not sure I would worry about getting the correct card issued after boarding the cruise. As long as a card of the any color opens the cabin door and allows me to charge to Sail & Sign, I am happy.

Of course others have jumped in with their complaints about the changed to benies. I agree, they need to let it go already. Or keep it to the current thread on that topic. Don't take over every thread on the VIFP program with the stuff.

Happened to me as well on the website - I emailed Carnival with the dates of all my cruises and turns out, the website had just assigned a number for me and they were able to take information provided and find out my correct VIFP number and assign it to my account... They will fix it for you. Just log on to the website and choose "contact us" and explain.

Thats sounds like a data mapping problem from IT, which signals more issues internally at Carnival at the moment. Not a good sign for many potential cruisers coming back and hunting for a cruise unaware that they may not be viewing the best offers that should be available to them.

I'll send that one up the bearded line.

Edited by eponym

Seriously?? What a ridiculous comment!

and... we enjoy the ridiculous comments along with the ridiculous policy implementations, and your ridiculous ridicule. All is well and balanced in cruiserland.

Edited by eponym

Severa years ago I found myself with two guest numbers. It occurred when I booked via another source. Took me 18 months of phone calls and emails but it was finally rectified

I now check past guest numbers of each family member going against our records right after I book.

Thanks for the help fellow cruisers. I don't give a rat's *** about the Past Guest Party-went to 2 of them and decided they weren't worth the hassle. And as for the Gold pins, I have several of them I'll never use. I've already had to get this fixed once and it seems like CCL could make a way to keep better records of their "loyal" customers.:rolleyes: