CD on the dream?

Elmo31

We sailed on Dream May 3 - 10 and the CD was Chloe Loddo. She was really good at getting people involved and we saw her often around the ship. Her name does not appear on the CD list so she may have just been filling in for someone else.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the Dream and I thought Hennie was my least favorite CD of those I have had. I literally never saw the guy. He was just some voice in the sky when announcements were made. Our first port of call he never came on to announce we were able to exit the ship, so we were late getting to our excursion. If he did come on and make an announcement then I hope someone corrects me but I was listening to very closely because our excursion required us to exit immediately. I also hated his sign off, it got so old and stale and it sounds like even he doesn't like saying it anymore. He ends EVERY announcement with "bye bye.....I said bye bye." He says it so quickly there is hardly a pause and it is just odd. Is it some kind of joke that he doesn't hear anyone else say it back?

Does the CD control the FunTimes? I noticed our Fun Times seemed to have less detail than our last cruise on the same ship. The shows were never named, one night we went in expecting the dancers/singers and it was the hypnotist. No way of knowing since FunTimes just said "Showtime." We were happy to see him although his show was EXACTLY the same as his previous one we saw in April.

In April we saw Steve everywhere, always interacting with the crowds and at almost all the shows before to say hello and introduce the show. I think I only saw Hennie on the TV for the welcome aboard show or whatever and then the Love and Marriage show. Didn't see him when we left the ship or got on, didn't see him mingling at other times, etc.

If it's Hennie, I think he's absolutely terrible. Doesnt engage, isnt visible...just doesnt meet the standard that others, like Butch have set for me. During one of the Q&A's, he made excuses for why he wasnt visible...I know they're busy, but it really sounded like he was whining. Had to have been a better way to answer.

I'm really hoping he isnt on the Dream next February.

Well I was impressed with Hennie. We are not big on going to the shows, but we saw him all over the place. He was even in the theater waiting with us for our excursion tender in Belize, and he was playing with some kids that had gotten restless. He did a great job reading The Cat in the Hat at the Dr. Seuss storytime.

Can anyone tell me if the CD controls the activities for the week? Like, does he/she decide what trivias to offer, how many times to have karaoke, etc?

I forgot to mention about the "bye-bye" thing... during the Q&A Hennie and Nick had, Hennie said he always said bye-bye after shows, announcements, etc. and when no one ever said bye back to him, he just tacked the "I said bye-bye" on as a little joke and it stuck. just being his silly self:)

We sailed on Dream May 3 - 10 and the CD was Chloe Loddo. She was really good at getting people involved and we saw her often around the ship. Her name does not appear on the CD list so she may have just been filling in for someone else.

We were on that cruise too. Really enjoyed her style of entertainment all week.

I had Hennie on the Dream in 2014. I thought he was a good CD. Not the greatest I've had, but better than mediocre. He was involved plenty & interacted around the ship. Sometimes, it's a matter of chance as to whether YOU will run into the CD plenty. But Hennie is out there. I talked with him a few times, and I thought he was really nice & enjoyed interacting with the guests. And I thought he was funny. I give him a B+

Edited by k2excursion

On John Heald's CD schedule there is a TBA for December. We are on the January 3 Dream

I saw Hennie during our May 3-10 debarkation and asked if he just arrived on the ship. He said yes, and I asked him if he would be the CD for our Nov 22nd sailing and he said he would be back on vacation at that time.