Water onboard Millennium

Newbcruiser1

Does anyone who has been on the Millennium in recent times have any comments on the taste of the water onboard?

I've been on many cruises and usually love the taste of the water (from the ice and water dispensers in the buffet and the water served in the MDR). On my cruise on the Summit a few years ago, however, I found that the water had a very chlorinated taste and an odd smell - I wasn't able to drink it unless it was masked with iced tea or lemonade.

I know the water is completely safe, and that taste is all relative to what you're used to at home and how your own municipal water is treated. Just wondering if anyone on the Millennium (or sister ships) had similar issues with the water taste/smell recently? Not sure if it was temporary and limited to that ship, or if all X ships are similar. I'm trying to decide if I should pick up a case of water en route to the Millennium for my upcoming cruise.

Thanks in advance! :)

Does anyone who has been on the Millennium in recent times have any comments on the taste of the water onboard?

I've been on many cruises and usually love the taste of the water (from the ice and water dispensers in the buffet and the water served in the MDR). On my cruise on the Summit a few years ago, however, I found that the water had a very chlorinated taste and an odd smell - I wasn't able to drink it unless it was masked with iced tea or lemonade.

I know the water is completely safe, and that taste is all relative to what you're used to at home and how your own municipal water is treated. Just wondering if anyone on the Millennium (or sister ships) had similar issues with the water taste/smell recently? Not sure if it was temporary and limited to that ship, or if all X ships are similar. I'm trying to decide if I should pick up a case of water en route to the Millennium for my upcoming cruise.

Thanks in advance! :)

I was onboard Millennium in March and had no problems and no chlorinated observations.

Mike

"Pure" water has little to no taste....most folks find it offensive. "Good" drinking water has minerals and salt in it....minute amounts but it needs something to give it "tooth"....that's why bottled water adds stuff to it, to give it flavor.

"Pure" water has little to no taste....most folks find it offensive. "Good" drinking water has minerals and salt in it....minute amounts but it needs something to give it "tooth"....that's why bottled water adds stuff to it, to give it flavor.

And so do the cruise lines to their treated water. Adding minerals is part of the process.