Riviera After the Dry Dock

dlouise

Oh, and we were in Kotor with the relatively new Mein Schiff 3. I have to say, their tender boats are far superior to Oceania's. They're similar to a bus with rows of seats at the same level as the step-in. No having to duck and crawl into the uncomfortable bowels of the boat like Riviera's tenders. Yes, I realize Mein Schiff 3 is half again as large with double the capacity of Riviera but I was a little envious.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2074245

2074245.jpg

Before you get too jealous, it looks like Mein Schiff 3 only carries four of those new prototype Tenders, while the rest are traditional lifeboats.

meinschiff3_-700x464.jpg.

With the number of people that she carries, I'm concerned at how long it will take the initial rush of passengers to get ashore at more popular ports...-

Edited by StanandJim

Any tips on how to avoid an overdone steak? We like ours medium-rare.

We ate at Polo two or three times on our TA cruise (3 I think...) and each time I had the Filet Mignon. I asked for it to be rare and it was perfect. Had it been underdone and "bleu" I would have asked for it to be cooked a little more...overdone and I would have asked for another steak.

Not only was it perfectly cooked but it was so tender I cut it with a fork. Literally. Marvellous! I do not know when I have eaten meat that good before.:):)