Celebrity and small kids

JRos

Cross-posted on the family board

I know that these two cruise lines, Celebrity and Princess, aren't targeting families with young kids. We have sailed NCL and RCCL with our kids, who are 2 and 4. However, I really want to sail Celebrity Reflection or Equinox or the newest Princess ship. Our kids will be with us.

Will they be very bored?

We would be going in low season.

TIA

I know that these two cruise lines, Celebrity and Princess, aren't targeting families with young kids. We have sailed NCL and RCCL with our kids, who are 2 and 4. However, I really want to sail Celebrity Reflection or Equinox or the newest Princess ship. Our kids will be with us.

Will they be very bored?

TIA

I feel RCCL has one of the best children's program, can't speak to Celebrities. Our last sailing n Match did have more children than we typically see on X but do think they would probably prefer RCCL.

I have a 2 year and am a frequent cruiser. The one issue with the 2 year old on celebrity is that diapered children cannot go in the pool. Your 2 year old if not potty trained likely won't be happy watching their sibling in the pool and there isn't a splash pad of any sort. The Solstice has one but it is usually covered by chairs early in the day. And I don't think diapered babies are allowed there either. We cruised on Reflection with my 7 month old and it was perfect because at that age they don't know what they are missing. In any event I think the kids club will be good for your 4 year old but the 2 year old can only go to open houses. 2 is a tricky age to be in Celebrity in my opinion. The kids are old enough to be opinionated but not old enough to actually get to do what they want. Good luck with the decision.

Edited by LovesVaca

We traveled on Celebrity when our little guy was 14 months and will be on Solstice this coming Friday (he is now just over two). We travel with family, so entertainment is not really an issue. He is usually just happy people watching and seeing/trying new things. I can report back when I return and let you know any tips or opinions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

At 3 to 5, I believe your children will be happy just about anywhere. We have heard that the kids club on Celebrity gets high marks from younger children.

I recommend you make your decision based on the itinerary of the ship, not the children's program as long as the children are 3 or over.

Will they be very bored?

TIA

We did Celebrity Solstice when my son had just turned 4. He LOVED their kids program!! He hated RCCL & Carnival and refused to go as there were just too many kids for him, it was crazy. But our Celebrity cruise only had 8 kids in the 3-8 age group and he loved it, made some great friends and the kids club staff were able to personalise each session to the interests of the kids that attended. He loved it sooo much we all had a fab relaxing holiday and we've booked the same ship again for next year