'Dream' booking for U.S. residents?

We live in the U.S. but have also lived in the UK. Does anyone know if and how American residents may book a Thomson cruise? Looking at 26 September for two weeks on the 'Dream.' Thanks!

Just go on the Thomson web site . You will just have to select which airport you wish to go from . We have meet cruisers from all over the world

Its not that easy booking from the USA Pensioncruiser.

Sattva - you may find this thread of interest

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057978&highlight=thomson+usa

Edited by campolady

Just go on the Thomson web site . You will just have to select which airport you wish to go from . We have meet cruisers from all over the world

If Sattva is looking at a Caribbean cruise they would want to fly from their nearest airport in Georgia (Atlanta ?) - not from the UK.

That means the cruise only option - the issueI believe is the method of paying, as he won't have UK residential status or an address here.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

If Sattva is looking at a Caribbean cruise they would want to fly from their nearest airport in Georgia (Atlanta ?) - not from the UK.

That means the cruise only option - the issueI believe is the method of paying, as he won't have UK residential status or an address here.

Dream doesn't go to Caribbean until late December so they must be coming to Europe to join the ship in Palma.

We live in the U.S. but have also lived in the UK. Does anyone know if and how American residents may book a Thomson cruise? Looking at 26 September for two weeks on the 'Dream.' Thanks!

Why oh Why when you live in a part of the world with brand new super ships, big and medium sizes, would you choose to use a value-brand Thomson cruise ?

Old ships yes, very old in fact.

Great service , Yes, in its favor.

Good Looking wait staff ? yes, lots of them. (Bless them )

Great "Room service" : Yes, i can personally tick that box.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is the best

Kruzseeka is indeed correct. Itinerary is the main motive. Most US-based companies slight most of Med Spain and smaller ports in France or Italy. Ones that do go to some charge twice or more the Thomson fare.

the problem appears? to be that thomsons have no easy way of collecting payment in us dollars from us based clients?

sunwing (canada) have a some kind of deal going on with thoms? and sell cruises on thomsons ships to clients in canada (flying from toronto) ...they may be able to (better) accept us currency and may be able to fix something up (bespoke) for you? (might be worth giving them a call)

the problem appears? to be that thomsons have no easy way of collecting payment in us dollars from us based clients?

sunwing (canada) have a some kind of deal going on with thoms? and sell cruises on thomsons ships to clients in canada (flying from toronto) ...they may be able to (better) accept us currency and may be able to fix something up (bespoke) for you? (might be worth giving them a call)

Not sure how that is an issue? If I want to buy something from an American retailer in US$ I just use any debit/credit card and the payment is automatically converted into sterling.

Sattva, have you managed to book yet? Seem to remember others either e-mailing Cruise Deals (a UK company which is essentially Thomson) or Cruise 118 - not sure if the latter still exists.

Kruzseeka is indeed correct. Itinerary is the main motive. Most US-based companies slight most of Med Spain and smaller ports in France or Italy. Ones that do go to some charge twice or more the Thomson fare.

Sattva, I'm on good terms with a Thomsons manager - would you like me to ask advice and pass it on ?

Thanks very much for the kind offer! We have friends in the UK who have offered to make arrangements for us.

Nice one.

My home 'phone service gives free calls to North America, including mobiles, so I would have been happy to make contact if you were struggling.

Good luck with your booking.