Live from the Fascination!

kimnicki

Can you tell me if you encountered problems getting a deck chair? I'm really looking forward to using the pool and hot tub. The pool looks rather small and the chair hog stories are off putting.

There seems to be a lot of chairs on all the decks. My one complaint is that there is only one pool. We seem to have adjusted over the last few cruises and don't rush out to get the chairs. We take our time and do some of the events during the high pools times and go out about 1:30-2pm when people are starting to get too hot. We went to Serenity the first sea day and found two chairs together. This serenity deck is very small and not many seats here.

Edited by kimnicki
Typo

Do you by chance have an iPhone or iPad? I know you can't text, especially in airplane mode. But I'm just curious if iMessage works on the cheaper plan.

And on the social media plan. Do you access those through your web browser or can you use the apps for those sites?

Yes we both have iPhones and iMessage works perfect. Have been messaging my son and husband consistantly with no problems!

Facebook, Twitter, IG, Messenger, Pinterest, WhatsApp and snapchat are all accessible through the actual app for the social plans.

Hey, thanks for your review. I'm curious what free drinks are available, when, and where? U Also is there a vending machine somewhere on board for cheaper coke? I found a somewhat hidden on our cruise on Ncl Getaway, near the teen area.

Edited by Guineagirls2

There seems to be a lot of chairs on all the decks. My one complaint is that there is only one pool. We seem to have adjusted over the last few cruises and don't rush out to get the chairs. We take our time and do some of the events during the high pools times and go out about 1:30-2pm when people are starting to get too hot. We went to Serenity the first sea day and found two chairs together. This serenity deck is very small and not many seats here.

I guess I can only hope I can find a deck chair. I almost think Serenity is too good to be true, but maybe I'm being pessimistic. Hoping for a great time!

Love your posts! We are boarding on Thursday - Mom and I for my 30th birthday cruise :) Very exciting to see about the internet packages so I can keep in touch with my hubby and 2 little ones while I'm cruising! Any chance you can post some pics of the menus? Also, any MUST DOs on this ship you'd recommend?? Thanks so much!

We are getting on the Fascination next Monday the 18th. So excited! I am loving your post so far. With agreement, what are some recommendations? This will be our 4th cruise, so we aren't new to the whole ordeal but it's been a long year since our last one and each ship is so unique. Loved to hear about the wifi rates/plans and we are super excited out Seuss at Sea.

Hey, thanks for your review. I'm curious what free drinks are available, when, and where? U Also is there a vending machine somewhere on board for cheaper coke? I found a somewhat hidden on our cruise on Ncl Getaway, near the teen area.

There is a drink station on the Lido deck that has coffee, iced tea, lemonade and water and I think its always available. I haven't seen any soda machines on board at all. I drink the iced tea so I haven't really searched for one, I'm sorry!

I guess I can only hope I can find a deck chair. I almost think Serenity is too good to be true, but maybe I'm being pessimistic. Hoping for a great time!

I find that if I try not to worry about it, I seem to have more luck finding it :) think positive!

Love your posts! We are boarding on Thursday - Mom and I for my 30th birthday cruise :) Very exciting to see about the internet packages so I can keep in touch with my hubby and 2 little ones while I'm cruising! Any chance you can post some pics of the menus? Also, any MUST DOs on this ship you'd recommend?? Thanks so much!

So I'll be passing you as I get off the ship! Happy early birthday! As for the must do's...just take a look at the Fun Times each night and get an idea of what you want to do the next day. Do not waste your time on the shopping seminar for Nassau and absolutely do not buy the $25 coupon book. Someone next to us did and said it wasnt worth the $25 and handed it to me. The book is 2" thick and only 4 pages are for Nassau. And it's for stuff like a free Conch Sandwich or a free Tanzanite necklace with a $250 loose diamond purchase. I have a pic of the Formal nite menu and the everyday menu. I will try and get one for tonight and tomrw for you. I believe they are the same as the 7 day but just shortened.

I asked my 20 year old DD what she would recommend and she said go to Serenity instead of te big pool and see the comedy shows. If you, do make sure you get to the show about a half hour prior because they did fill up and were packed!

We are getting on the Fascination next Monday the 18th. So excited! I am loving your post so far. With agreement, what are some recommendations? This will be our 4th cruise, so we aren't new to the whole ordeal but it's been a long year since our last one and each ship is so unique. Loved to hear about the wifi rates/plans and we are super excited out Seuss at Sea.

You will be in good company here...lots of Vols fans and they playedRocky Top on the Lido deck followed by Sweet Home Alabama (Roll Tide Roll!). They did have the Seuss Brunch as well as the Parade and show. It's like riding a bike..it all comes back to you quickly and you will fall into the groove!

Nassau:

We have been to Atlantis a few times before and decided to just take a walk by the shops and then go to the Hilton right next to Señor Frog's. We just walked in (around 8:45am) and asked for a day pass. They said availability was based on the hotel capacity and said we were good to go. It was $65 per person and you get a $40 drink/food credit. I can't tell you how happy I am we did this. There's a gorgeous pool, beach, use of kayaks, snorkel gear and bar service on the beach. It is small and personal and makes you feel like you are more at a retreat than the big manufactured feel that Atlantis gives you. The menu is pricey but the drink special was buy 2 Bahama Mama's get one free. They were $9 each. We had three rounds of three and each ate a pretty good lunch and had a zero bill at the end of the day. I can't stress how much I would recommend doing this!

(I am going to try and add some pics...had them all ready and loaded and my phone crapped out!)

Hey thanks for all the great information. I have another question. Im wondering about the availablity of food on off hours like 3-5pm. 6am-7am, and after 9pm. Other than pizza are portions of the buffet open with other alternatives?

Half Moon Cay:

We arrived at HMC just before 8am (seas were a little rough and wind stayed about 35 mph through the night). I had booked Villa D and when we dropped an anchor and I saw the tenders arrive, we made our way down to deck 3. We were allowed to take the first tender with the shore excursion group. 10 minutes later we were in the Villa. I am SO happy I booked it. It was smack in the middle, not too far from the food and bar (I ordered sandwiches from room service and brought them to the villa) and there are wait staff that walk the beach taking bar orders. The food and drink supplied to the villa was perfect. We ended up meeting some really awesome people and invited them to share with us. We were provided snorkel gear for the two of us and 6 floating mats for the ocean. I have been to many Caribbean islands and the Bahamas many times...Half Moon Cay is by far the most beautiful island I have been on. My pics don't do it justice. We squeezed every last minute we could out of it. We left the villa around 2:40, walked right on to the last tender at 3pm and were right back on she ship by 3:15pm.

Never been to HMC, sounds wonderful and I can't wait!

We stopped in Nassau on our cruise in February and had pre-bought the Hilton pass for a day ($60 if you prebuy it, you just pay a deposit then the rest when you arrive). It was great, perfect for us! My son loved the beach, I loved it was so quiet, he could splash in the water at the edge and I sat on the beach keeping track of him. We didn't get the chance to try the pool unfortunately, it was a short day in port, but the food we got was good too, and I totally plan on going back there. So easy to walk to, and nice and reasonable price!

Happy to hear about the Seuss brunch!

Hey thanks for all the great information. I have another question. Im wondering about the availablity of food on off hours like 3-5pm. 6am-7am, and after 9pm. Other than pizza are portions of the buffet open with other alternatives?

Here is a list of the hours of the restaurant and grill area. Room service is 24 hours as is the pizza bar, and ice cream. The deli is open until 11pm. every night they also had late night snacks from approx 11pm-1am.

image_zpsgmqk0wef.jpg

I know this is a crazy question, but I'm one of those constantly interested in finding a way to activate the inputs so we can watch movies at night in our cabin when we're on the cruise. If you can see it, could you take a photo of the model # of the flat screen tvs carnival has in the cabins?

Can you tell me if you encountered problems getting a deck chair? I'm really looking forward to using the pool and hot tub. The pool looks rather small and the chair hog stories are off putting.

I just wanted to give you a pool/chair update. I went up this morning around 8:30am. There were some people and some saved chairs. I think as long as you get to the pool before 9:30 you shouldn't have any issues. People moved in and out of the hot tubs and although the pool fills up the hotter it gets, it's great to just sit on the side and take a quick dip in to cool off. I preferred the main pool to the Serenity deck :)