Live from the Fascination!

kimnicki

Nassau:

We have been to Atlantis a few times before and decided to just take a walk by the shops and then go to the Hilton right next to Señor Frog's. We just walked in (around 8:45am) and asked for a day pass. They said availability was based on the hotel capacity and said we were good to go. It was $65 per person and you get a $40 drink/food credit. I can't tell you how happy I am we did this. There's a gorgeous pool, beach, use of kayaks, snorkel gear and bar service on the beach. It is small and personal and makes you feel like you are more at a retreat than the big manufactured feel that Atlantis gives you. The menu is pricey but the drink special was buy 2 Bahama Mama's get one free. They were $9 each. We had three rounds of three and each ate a pretty good lunch and had a zero bill at the end of the day. I can't stress how much I would recommend doing this!

(I am going to try and add some pics...had them all ready and loaded and my phone crapped out!)

We have looked into this.

How did you pay? Like with cash or what is accepted?

Thanks!

I was looking at an aerial view of the Hilton on google maps. It looks there's a really large beach just west of the Hilton, right next to Fat Tuesday's. Does anyone know if that's a free beach area?

Yes. That's Junkanoo beach. Totally free and not bad for a few hours.

Yes. That's Junkanoo beach. Totally free and not bad for a few hours.

Do you know if they offer any rentals (umbrellas, beach chairs, water toys, etc)? And are there any options for food? Other than walking to Fat Tuesday's.

Only been there once for a few hours and planning to go back next month. We just sat on our towels and enjoyed the water and scenery. You're probably better off asking on the Bahamas board. I'm sure there is lots of current info there.

Edited by Grandmaanne7
clarification

Now that I am back on dry land it's a little easier to post the pictures!

Lunch at the Hilton:

image_zpsyumhzfxs.jpg

Drinks at the Hilton:

image_zpslf0wvago.jpg

Half Moon Cay:

Villa D

image_zpsdur6tczv.jpg

View from the first floor:

image_zps6st9jgos.jpg

image_zpsdhhflhd1.jpg

View from the Pirate Ship Bar towards the busiest part of the beach :

image_zpsfhlldzbe.jpg

I know this is a crazy question, but I'm one of those constantly interested in finding a way to activate the inputs so we can watch movies at night in our cabin when we're on the cruise. If you can see it, could you take a photo of the model # of the flat screen tvs carnival has in the cabins?

I'm so sorry I am just seeing this now. I did happen to take a pic of the TV and will post the pic w/ the model on it. In the wall below the TV, there is a panel with the holes for the patch cords you would normally use to hook up a vcr etc. now I don't know if they are left over from the old tv's before the flat screen update.

image_zpslrr8y374.jpg

I noticed that this ship, more than any other I have been on, had way more photo opportunities on board. On formal night my DD and decided to do them all, even if we didn't like the back ground. We had a blast and ended up with a lot of great shots! We had the any time dining and went up to take pics around 7:45pm. We really didn't have any wait for any of them and then went to the dining room by 8:45pm and still was seated right away.

This is us :)

image_zpsa23deijs.jpg

Nassau:

We have been to Atlantis a few times before and decided to just take a walk by the shops and then go to the Hilton right next to Señor Frog's. We just walked in (around 8:45am) and asked for a day pass. They said availability was based on the hotel capacity and said we were good to go. It was $65 per person and you get a $40 drink/food credit. I can't tell you how happy I am we did this. There's a gorgeous pool, beach, use of kayaks, snorkel gear and bar service on the beach. It is small and personal and makes you feel like you are more at a retreat than the big manufactured feel that Atlantis gives you. The menu is pricey but the drink special was buy 2 Bahama Mama's get one free. They were $9 each. We had three rounds of three and each ate a pretty good lunch and had a zero bill at the end of the day. I can't stress how much I would recommend doing this!

(I am going to try and add some pics...had them all ready and loaded and my phone crapped out!)

I'm curious, if you had a $40 food credit. How much did that burger and fries cost? It looks awesome by the way.

Thank you so much for doing this. Your pictures were great and I'm doubly excited now for our upcoming jaunt on Fascination. Lovely shot of you and DD! :)

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed following the thread. Have a wonderful cruise and feel free to ask any more questions if they come up before then!

I'm curious, if you had a $40 food credit. How much did that burger and fries cost? It looks awesome by the way.

Off the top of my head I think it was a $14.00 platter, but big! I couldn't even finish the burger. The Bahama Mama's were one of the cheaper drinks at $9 but there were some at $14 as well. We made out because of the buy 2 get one free special. My DD had the Nacho platter and the salsa was delish. They combine the $40 pp food/drink credit, so if you are going with a group or family, the credit is all lumped together to make it easier.

Here is how my bill played out~ We had an $80 credit

Buy 2 get 1 $18

Buy 2 get 1 $18

Buy 2 get 1 $18

Burger $14

Nachos $14

So 9 drinks and two food platters took us to $82 and the waiter just told us not to worry about the $2 over.

Thanks so much for the review! I have been following from the beginning, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for taking time out of your vacation to write this for us, it was greatly appreciated. It seems like you had a great time! :D

GREAT review!! Thanks for taking the time to post it!!

Just an additional note on the day pass at the Hilton. If you purchase it online ahead of time, you can save yourself $5./pp. They only require a $12./pp deposit, balance payable when you check in. resortforaday dot com

Edited by Jamman54

Love the review. Brings back great memories!

Thank YOU for you're review! I read it over and over before I left and you gave me such peace of mind and helpful hints!

Sent from my iPad using Forums