USB port on Royal Princess Televisions

Ready to Sail!

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread, and when I did see it I didn't really pay attention because I didn't think I wanted the info at the time. So, sorry for the repeat question:

I would like to put my SD card from my camera in a card reader and plug it into the TV to look at pictures I take each day. Is a USB accessible on the TV, and if so, is it possible to change the source to view the pictures.

I am thinking the last part of this question is no but would be interested if anyone has tried this and been successful. We are bringing our mini Ipad which I could download onto but the screen isn't that much bigger than the cameras.

Thanks.

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread, and when I did see it I didn't really pay attention because I didn't think I wanted the info at the time. So, sorry for the repeat question:

I would like to put my SD card from my camera in a card reader and plug it into the TV to look at pictures I take each day. Is a USB accessible on the TV, and if so, is it possible to change the source to view the pictures.

I am thinking the last part of this question is no but would be interested if anyone has tried this and been successful. We are bringing our mini Ipad which I could download onto but the screen isn't that much bigger than the cameras.

Thanks.

i don't think that the TV can read SD cards directly . Also can the TV read the format of the pictures. I bought a new TV at Xmas and the manual says USB port can only read drives that are compatible.

Thanks.

To answer your question, there are no USB inputs on the TV.

The input source on the TV is through an HDMI cable. There are several input inlets at the back of the TV, but unfortunately you cannot change the source input on the TV.

The only thing you can do is to unhook the HDMI cable at the back of the TV and connect your own into it. This is what I did when I was watching some of the movies I took along on my computer.

By the way, it is very tight at the back of the TV to unhook the HDMI cable. Good luck and happy sailing.

I think that takes care of that. I will just download onto the ipad for at least a better look than what I get on the camera. Problem is I will have to delete back off the ipad as it will not hold all the pics I will be taking. I usually take way too many but so easy and fun to do with the digital cameras.

Thanks for the replies.

To answer your question, there are no USB inputs on the TV.

The input source on the TV is through an HDMI cable. There are several input inlets at the back of the TV, but unfortunately you cannot change the source input on the TV.

The only thing you can do is to unhook the HDMI cable at the back of the TV and connect your own into it. This is what I did when I was watching some of the movies I took along on my computer.

By the way, it is very tight at the back of the TV to unhook the HDMI cable. Good luck and happy sailing.

What you say is very true for the Viewsonic TV's but not for the Samsung sets. You can't reach the HDMI input no matter how hard you try. :mad:

Also there's no usb input on the Samsung either. :(

What you say is very true for the Viewsonic TV's but not for the Samsung sets. You can't reach the HDMI input no matter how hard you try. :mad:

Also there's no usb input on the Samsung either. :(

I don't know about the Royal but on the Regal there is no way to remove the HDMI connector. The TV is mounted too close to the wall to access that connector or the power connector, at least in E-109.

I don't know about the Royal but on the Regal there is no way to remove the HDMI connector. The TV is mounted too close to the wall to access that connector or the power connector, at least in E-109.

That's true but even though you can't remove the HDMI cable going into the TV you can reach the HDMI cable where it exits the wall on top of the TV. (E507)

My thought is (although it may not work) is to remove it from the wall (this can be done fairly easily) & use an

HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter Couple

to connect my end to theirs. For a few dollars I'll give it a try next cruise & see what happens.