I am already booked and now they are offering a $50 OBC

gamits

Hoping someone can help me while I am waiting for my PVP to respond.

We already have our cruise booked for September.

Today Carnival started offering $50 on board credit.

I know that I can get a credit if my room rates go down with the type of booking I have. But I am wondering if I could get the OBC?

Has anyone ever been able to get the current promo after your cruise was already booked?

Edited by gamits

You just won't get the $50 OBC.

You have to change your fare. Pencil it out, even if it's more, might be a good deal with the OBC.

If you booked ES, you'll stay within the program.

We got a 20 price drop and $30 OBC (3 day cruise) last night. Did the price protection form and had a response within an hour. I put the new price where it asked and "rate includes $30 on board credit" where it asks for "additional comments"

I just talked to my PVP! 4 day cruise so we only got $30 OBC instead of $50 but that is better than a poke in the eye!!:D

Watching for price drops on a daily basis!

Thank you all for your input/help!

I just talked to my PVP! 4 day cruise so we only got $30 OBC instead of $50 but that is better than a poke in the eye!!:D

Watching for price drops on a daily basis!

Thank you all for your input/help!

We just got the same thing for our cruise in September & watching for price drops daily too!

We are booked on the Conquest in December and Carnival just told me I cannot get the $50 onboard credit even though I have early savers because our cabin category is all filled up on that ship. If they still had rooms in our category, they would be able to get us the credit. Anybody have another suggestion or different experience?

We are booked on the Conquest in December and Carnival just told me I cannot get the $50 onboard credit even though I have early savers because our cabin category is all filled up on that ship. If they still had rooms in our category, they would be able to get us the credit. Anybody have another suggestion or different experience?

Carnival is correct. You have to price match to your category and since it is sold out then you are not eligible to price match. That is one reason I do not book ES when I am booking a room where there are only a few and they sell out fast.

Someone might come a long and say they were able to but I couldn't even upgrade.

Edited by ready2cruzagain