Passion Island Cozumel?

58Piano

We have been to Passion Island in Cozumel 4 times. Some friends of mine just got back from a cruise. Upon my recommendation they went there. They said it was terrible. The beach was filthy and had a lot seaweed on it and in the water.

We have never seen it like this. Has anyone gone recently? Has somebody taken over this beach? Have they let it get run down and in bad shape?

We are going in October. Do not want to go there if it has changed for the worse. Any opinions?

We went to Passion Island last year and it had definitely gone downhill from when we had been in years past. It was more crowded, not that clean, and the food not that good. it was disappointing because we had loved it on our previous visits.

I do not have anything to compare it to because we have only been once and that was last November. I thought the beach itself was beautiful and we had a great time there. However, the day that we were there my 6 year old was stung by some fire coral and the waves were so big it was impossible to swim. Yes, the beach and the water at the edges was loaded with sea weed and such. But, you can't control this. This is mother nature. As I said the waves were high the day we were there and (as a matter of fact) it was mentioned to us that they had been high for a few days and the water was definitely stirred up. This is mother nature and can't be controlled. It's possible that this is what happened to your friends.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures from when we were there in November (it's listed in my signature line) if you want to see pictures from just around 5-6 months ago to compare if anything. :)

We've been to Passion Island every time we've gone to Cozumel over the last couple of years and EVERY TIME there's been seaweed. Tons of it. But really..it's the ocean. What did you expect? :confused:

The only time we ever had a problem was the first time we visited. My son wanted to climb on the water trampoline but the ladder was kinda broken and it was hard for him (and me, since he wanted me to go with him because he was a bit nervous) to climb. I had to have a college age guy shove me up with his hands on my ass (not that I minded..he was cute LOL:D). After that, I left a review on Trip Advisor and the next time we went back, it was fixed. :)

The food isn't the greatest, but I don't really care if the food is good as long as the drinks keep coming. :D

Our first year to go to Passion Island was also the last year it was owned by Corona. Everything was GREAT GREAT GREAT just like a Corona ad. The beach is influenced by the weather. While you can have sea weed ( or the new Politically Correct term Sea Grass ) the staff can clean it from the beach so it still looks like a Corona ad. The food was good and the drinks were plentiful.

The next year we went back after it had been sold. Ownership sure makes a difference. The swim area was cut back about 2/3's, plenty of sea weed on the beach. The food was about the same. Drinks not only went down hill they ran out.

Never been back and really don't miss it after finding the East Side of the island.

I just wanted to post some of my pictures (because a picture is worth 1000 words a lot of times) from last November.

Yes, there was sea grass along the beach, however you could definitely see that they had raked the beach prior to our arrival but when there's sea grass in the water and the water/tide is rolling in, it will put more sea grass on the beach along the edges.

PB140061%20copy-L.jpg

PB140062%20copy-L.jpg

PB140064%20copy-L.jpg

PB140059%20copy-L.jpg

PB140027%20copy-L.jpg

We thought the grounds where beautiful and everything about the place was nice (we didn't have a problem with the drinks or the food and enjoyed them both...and especially the staff) except that we were unable to use the ocean that day due to it being too wavy and my daughter getting stung by the fire coral and refusing to go back in.

PB140041%20copy-L.jpg