Freedom or Magic?

skittl1321

The last two times we sailed Magic (Christmas 2014 was the last) the dining room and buffet were TERRIBLE. This was the worst food we've had in all of our cruises.

We leave out on Freedom July 4 and have high hopes. If she's anything like her sister (Liberty) we are going to LOVE our cruise.

Please don't misunderstand- we have had 3 wonderful cruises on Magic, but the food was awful. Food doesn't make or break a cruise, but room service was the best offerings that Magic had to offer.

Guess we are "those kind of people"... the foodies. Enjoy!

I have to agree, the food on the Magic is AWFUL. The food on the Freedom has been some of the best I have had.

• 4 weeks later...

Im excited to see your responses as we are very similar on what we like to do on the ship. I thought we were the only ones :)

We are looking at a cruise out of Galveston in September. It looks like Freedom and Magic have the same itinerary. We have been on Freedom, but not for many many years, so I know it has changed. I'm a bit wary about how big Magic is, but intrigued by the cove balconies.

But which would you choose, and why?

And which would you recommend?

My husband and I are child-less 30 something who are relatively boring- we don't drink or do Lido deck activities. We like good food, great shows, comedy club, and trivia. I travel for ports, so there things are equal. I love feeling connected with the water.

I don't think we spent any time on the Lido while on the Magic. We're not big party people. We got bumped up to a Spa balcony and spent most of our time either using the thalasso pool, the heated stone beds, or we were up on the Serenity deck. The one time we tried to do the buffet on the Lido it was so crowded (sea day) that it was not very pleasant. The dining rooms were great.

We're booked on Freedom in February. I know it's not big enough to have all the Spa goodies, but if there's anything like the Serenity deck I suspect we will find our place on board.

• 2 months later...
We've been on the Magic before and are trying to decide as well. I loved the the spa on the Magic! The only thing that I'd like to try on the Freedom is Guy's Burgers, the Cantina & the Alchemy Bar. But Magic does still have their regular burgers & the burrito bar which we really enjoyed. It also has Cucina del Capitano which was great. It's a toss up. We're going to try a cove balcony this time if we chose the Magic and I'm excited about that. We are also considering the Navigator of the Seas but it costs more.

Been on both the Magic (3 years ago) and the Freedom 2 weeks ago) and I will say this --- Guy's Burgers are AWESOME on the Freedom! And Pizza Pirate is equally as good - (24 hour hand tossed gourmet pizza - we ate a ton of pizza). Other than those two standouts - THE MAGIC is BETTER in EVERY WAY!!!!!!! Go MAGIC!!!!

Edited by BLTMA

• 4 weeks later...