Legend Fun Times for Alaska

jstrutton

Does anyone have a copy of the Fun Time paper for upcoming Carnival Alaska cruises. We will be on the 23 June cruise and was looking to see what is available on-board activities

Thanks in advance

Jay

Does anyone have a copy of the Fun Time paper for upcoming Carnival Alaska cruises. We will be on the 23 June cruise and was looking to see what is available on-board activities

Thanks in advance

Jay

Jay, you probably won't be able to get an answer on this until Legend actually gets to Alaska for the first cruise of the season. Right now the Legend is in process of repositioning from Hawaii. I'm on the Sept. 1 Legend to Alaska, and will check this thread to see what people can come up with.

Also, it's time consuming to save all the papers, come home and scan each sheet and then the most time is spent loading them to a photo sharing site and then downloading them here to Cruise Critic.

You might get a better response when the Fun Times you want are available if you drop the "thanks in advance" and come back and post a sincere thank you to the member who took the time to make the information available to you.

We did the Alaska cruise last year. I can't really share our Fun Times since our itinerary was changed due to propulsion problems on Carnival Miracle - we skipped Ketchikan and had different port times in Juneau and Victoria. Most of the activities were typical Carnival activities - shows, trivia, piano bar, etc. However, there were a couple of "different" activities:

Lectures by Michele, the naturalist. She's wonderful. She did lectures on whales and glaciers at scheduled times. She will often be on the microphone to tell you about wildlife visible from the ship.

In Skagway, we had Steve Hites, a local storyteller, come aboard with stories of the gold rush.

If Mr. Radu, the senior photographer, is aboard, he likely will do a couple of photography classes. His photography is wonderful.

Hope this helps a bit!

We did the Alaska cruise last year. I can't really share our Fun Times since our itinerary was changed due to propulsion problems on Carnival Miracle - we skipped Ketchikan and had different port times in Juneau and Victoria. Most of the activities were typical Carnival activities - shows, trivia, piano bar, etc. However, there were a couple of "different" activities:

Lectures by Michele, the naturalist. She's wonderful. She did lectures on whales and glaciers at scheduled times. She will often be on the microphone to tell you about wildlife visible from the ship.

In Skagway, we had Steve Hites, a local storyteller, come aboard with stories of the gold rush.

If Mr. Radu, the senior photographer, is aboard, he likely will do a couple of photography classes. His photography is wonderful.

Hope this helps a bit!

I would love to do a photography class with Mr. Radu. That would make my cruise. He is such a wonderful photographer.

Hope this helps a bit!

Oh my, his photography is amazing. I want to do a class with him!

Oh my, his photography is amazing. I want to do a class with him!
You know, he's fairly technical - but I really enjoyed hearing how he sets up shots to create the proper focal points. It was very different than what I (a decidedly amateur:o) would think of doing.

• 8 months later...